Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero Recode 2017 (Platinum) does not work

Nero Platinum 2017: Nero Recode gets stuck at 40% importing every single format. Reinstalled it a couple of times - no use!
(i7 3.4 GHZ, 12 core, 32 GB Ram, all internal drive are SSD (SATA and PCIe)), Adobe certified Graphics. Nero Recode 2016 works fine.
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • I’m confused
    I experimented a little bit - Nero Recode 2017 imports AVI, mp3 and wav (much slower than 2016, though), but gets stuck with other formats (mp4, mkv, ts etc.). If you import a single file, it gets stuck at 40%; two files - at 60% etc. With sufficient number of simultaneously imported files it reaches 100%, but does not do anything.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I just imported a mp3, avi and mp4 file almost instantaneously in v2017 Recode. Using Win 7 Pro.

How large is your files? The mp4 I used was 277 MB.

What does Adobe Graphics have to do with this?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Waiting for comments from people who have had similar problems is probably futile. I'm in here every day and I haven't heard anyone mention it previously. Of course, this is with earlier versions since v2017 has only been out 2 days.

You mentioned Adobe CC, an acronym I wasn't familiar with. I looked it up and you're talking about Creative Cloud. In fact, there have been a few people report problems with this in v2015 or v2016. However, in those cases, the claim was that Nero was causing CC to crash. See this for example-

http://forum.nero.com/nero_eng/topics...

However, that was not your intent in mentioning CC.

I don't know if Recode would be using your GPU to import a file.

You can always run this past tech support by going to nero.com, support, contact, technical support and submitting the contact form. If you do, please let us know what they have to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Nero Recode also freezes when importing video files for me and those it starts encoding, freeze at 40 % and I don't have Adobe CC . Google Recode and freezes and you will find that this has been happening for years and they still have not fixed it - more to do with its incompatibility with video card , their CUDA / hardware acceleration and drivers from what people who know more than me say.
    In any case, it is Nero which is buggy when it comes to Recode and they are incapable of fixing it
    No way am I paying an average of $ 80 a tear for the latest annual version when the same errors remain and tech support is no help at all not even when you supply them with logs. In my case they blamed my Video Card GTX 590i .,
    I am using Nero 2016 Platinum. Time to stop buying Nero for me.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• That was a great tip ! Thank you very much for suggesting that - works great and I found it easy to use. I couldn't find encoding options for 1 pass or 2 pass etc but I am guessing that part is all automated.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm