Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero Video 2014 - 720x1220 format will not export without borders..why?

Nero 2014 Nero Video - hi all, we are trying to get a movie exported from raw 720x1220 files. The raw film-files (shot with Canon Powershots camera at 720x1220) all cover the entire screen, left to right and top to bottom with no borders. However, no matter what format I use in export (AVC, MPG4, MPG4 3GPP, etc), all exported files end up with some sort of border around them, and do not entirely fill the screen. This is for a website header video that has to fill the browser completely. This is driving us nuts. What format do we need to retain the same MPG4 720X1220 screen-width formatting on export? Thanks.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Jack-

How did you get a RAW file into Nero Video? RAW files aren't technically a video format and you shouldn't be able to import them.

Nero Video automatically adds the black bars to maintain the aspect ratio. In the Movie Options, are you using 16:9? If so, when the video is on the timeline (Make Advanced Movie), grab a corner of the video in the preview window and fill the screen with it. (You'll still see some gray in the preview window. Then export it.

You could also import the files into Recode; crop the black bars and recode to the format of your choice.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Jack,

Assuming you meant 1280x720, choose the following Movie Option on the Nero Video Edit screen:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi guys, thanks so much for the quick replies, I'm saved.

Wither 1 - right, I didn't really mean "raw" type files, I know what those are, what I meant was my original recordings, i.e. straight 720x1280 format in the camera, you don't get any other options. They export as MP4 from the camera.

Omega Tester - yep, I meant 720x1280, and your settings worked. The only thing I had to do still was choose export settings, and if you see the attached image I had to use the MPG4 3GPP option to be able to get the 720x1280. The file worked (and my girlfriend is happy, yay) so I'm assuming that's ok.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Gents - I have to backpedal just a little. The screen size of the video is perfect, however, the video is very start-stall-start, jerky, etc. This is being played in a regular Wordpress site.

Any ideas on how this can be smoothed out? The file exported to about 65.4kb, maybe a higher frame rate? Orig files details:

framerate 21492kpbs
    bitrate is 25fps

Any help appreciated as always.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Jack,

All's well that ends well?

When I said 1280x720, I meant that the horizontal (1280) generally is cited before the vertical (720) - 16:9 aspect ratio, or landscape orientation. Nero 2018 Video added "Vertical Video" editing and exporting:

I'm not sure why you had to select the 3GPP profile; maybe a frame rate issue? The newer MPEG-4 format, AVC may work:

And, if necessary:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m undecided
    Gents - one more little thing if I can. We have the revised HDTV version playing ok (pretty much) from the girlfriend's Bluehost/WP site, but we made a discovery after wasting a lot of time. That is, Firefox does not appear to like .mp4's exported from Nero (or wherever?). See two attached shots showing Firefox vs. IE/Edge browser's reactions when dropping in my exported video into a page in their editor. Firefox seems to have a generally hard time with .mp4's I'm using, even one of my original unedited camera-shot files was "accepted" in the page, but when played would show nothing but black.. same file played fine within IE/Edge browser. Something to beware of, but maybe you can tell me something I don't know yet. Thanks again.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Jack,

Are you using AVC format?

A quick test using this HTML file:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html lang="en" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <video width="320" height="240" controls>
    <source src="20180405_AVC_FlowerMeadow.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>
    <video width="320" height="240" controls>
    <source src="20180405_3GPP_FlowerMeadow.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    Your browser does not support the video tag.
    </video>
    </body>
    </html>

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm