Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero Video 2015 Black Screen

Hi, I'm having this problem, when importing video movie (.mp4) to Nero Video 2015, now it keeps a black screen with nothing visible on the video; it is there and sounds perfect but doesn't playback anything. :(

Been using this a long time, this is the first time it does this.

Please help.
3 people have
this problem
+1
  • Hi BoogieTekp,
    Can you please advise what video card and video driver software you have on your computer?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thanks!

Nvidia Quadro K5200.

The thing is that I've been using Nero with the same proceeding for years and today just bought the new license for Nero Platinum 2015 and voilá, stopped working.

The problem is specifically with .mp4 videos encoded in Adobe Premiere CC 2015.
    • Ah, OK ... I was thinking you might have had a general black screen issue due to a driver update,
      I'm don't know anything about Adobe Premiere CC 2015 , so perhaps a Nero employee or an expert like Omega Tester or Wither will know something about this.

I'm assuming your Nero Platinum 2015 serial number has been entered in all OK and is showing as "OK" in the Nero Control Center?

Perhaps some patent for that particular encoding doesn't work in 2015?

But I'm really just guessing.

Let's see what others have to say.

You could send an email to techsupport@nero.com in the meantime - outlining the issue, they may take a few days to respond however.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Nero (Official Rep) August 27, 2015 08:24
    please share your Adobe Premiere CC 2015 output clip so we can check.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    Hi I'm having the same issue! I've imported .avi file into Nero Video 15, using PC Windows 7, 8GB memory card, so should be able to cope with small video editing.
    i was seeing the video fine and then all of a sudden all video blocks that I've cropped turned black and only sound can be heard.
    please help!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated
    Hi again! Can someone please help me asap as I really need to get this video edited and have paid for this software to do the job.
    There is no number I can call to discuss this?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Nela,

A couple of things to try ...

Background Rendering setting as in this older post:

http://forum.nero.com/nero_eng/topics...

Another thing to try ...

(save your project first) ...

One other area that *might* help ...
    Is to clear out the Nero Video "cache" folders ...

Note: these folders are normally "hidden" so you might need to use the Windows File Explorer View tab to set hidden files to show.

from the C:\users\YOUR USER NAME folder and below.

These folders can be deleted and will be re-created when you restart Nero Video.

Where to do the deleting:

(You would need to substitute your user name in the path to locate these folders.)

(1)
    Delete the folder "Nero Vision" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Nero\Nero 16

(2)
    Delete the folder "SharedMediaData" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Nero

(3)
    Delete the folder "Nero Vision" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 16

Then restart Nero Video and see if it works OK.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am having the EXACT same problem only with Nero Video 2017. I followed the suggestions in this thread, but no joy.

I have a Nvidia GEForce GT 630 Video Card
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Black screen on videos. Same problem. Nero 2017 operating system windows 10. Some black video screens and some work. I can see the video when previewing but when burn the video is black with audio only. Other videos burn correctly. I have used an older version of Nero with no problems. Please help me solve this problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi folks, I've just installed Platinum 2018, and am experiencing same issues above - ie when in Advanced or Express Editing mode, if I just play the video (.mpg) from start, it displays ok. But once I try to advance the video, say to 3 min into it using either the slider that looks like a house with a dot in it, or the lower red coloured one, I sometimes see the frame at that point, but as soon as I click the play button, the audio signal plays ok, but no video visible, just black screen, all the way to end of vidoe. Activating the "background rendering" has no effect. Nothing in the cache as this is 1st ever video I am playing with here.

Suspect this issue related to video card (as discussed earlier) - I'm sure there are two video cards (on board, and the ATI Firepro in the unit - a Dell T5500). Windows 10 updates have played havoc with display (dual monitor - and often one monitor fails to display - so I rolled back the driver to previous one. I don't think there are Win10 drivers for this card - a ATI Firepro V3750, so am using the Win7 one, if I use generic window driver, I lose one of the dual screens...).

So, I have 2 questions I'd be grateful for an answer:

1). Is it time to dump this ATI video card and get a newer one - supported by Win 10 and (2) if I do, will this issue with Nero Video be resolved - and will Nero automatically detect the new card, or will I need to do more tinkering with various settings etc.

Many thanks in advance,

Rafal
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't think you need to dump your graphics card. According to this web page, there is a Win 10 compatible driver-

http://www.driverscape.com/download/a...

but, I don't always trust what I read on the internet.

I went to the AMD website and they show a driver from 2012 for a FirePro 3750 which is for Win 7 (none are shown for Win 8 or 10-)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download...

It would have been nice if one of the people with this problem would have identified the resolution. On the other hand, I'm not sure there is a one solution fits all.

The dual monitor system you have and are periodically experiencing difficulty with creates a difficult situation. I think that Nero came up with a solution and employed it in something like v2016. However, that fix was just to address dual monitors. If you temporarily disconnected your second monitor and still have the same problem, the cause would likely be something else.

There was also a situation with using the features of an Intel CPU in conjunction with dual monitors if monitors are connected directly to the GPU. In that case, Virtu fixed that.

I think you're best bet is to go here-

http://www.nero.com/enu/support/conta...

and submit the contact form.

Would you have the courtesy of letting us know if they can resolve it and the solution?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither, and thanks for taking the time to reply. I tried the driver(s) from the driverscape site - the most recent driver for my setup. Not too clear the install process, but via Windows device manager for the graphics card, I went through all the .inf files in the installed files to see what happens, and either the driver installed / 2nd monitor turned / windows told me I already have latest / best installed. So am now back to dual monitor display, and no fix on my original issue with Nero Video.

Just tried the Recode tool (both for importing a DVD from the DVD drive, and also importing a .vob file from hard drive), but received the "The RPC server is unavailable ( blah blah 0x800706BA) " message. I tried all the possible fixes for a stand-alone pc found via google search (ie services, registry tweak, even manually adding Recode to the list of apps available through the windows firewall) all to no avail. Some people suggest a motherboard firmware update - but Dell website's most recent update is from 2014 !

My original issue with dual monitor, with Win10 not recognising 2nd monitor just appeared about 2 month ago. It would correct itself by either restarting pc, or just unplugging and reconnecting the DVI cable. Following a win update on thursday, the 2nd monitor was not available despite restart / unplug cable. Only the driver roll-back solved it.

The PC is all 7 / 8 years old now - as it's a Dell, seems like I'll have to spend eternity tracking down 3rd party updates etc. Built-in obsolescence I guess now....

I'll give the contact form a go and post back what I find out.

All this - just because I wanted a software suite rather than a collection of programs (e.g DVDvob2Mpg, Isobuster etc !)

Many thanks,

Rafal
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You mentioned the RPC server error-

Here's a tech support response for that error in Recode 2017 and your other problems may be related to that-

"Thank you for contacting NERO support.
    This error message may occur on 64 bit operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured.

To solve this, please uninstall the MS VS C++ Redistributables 2012 and 2010 via the control panel > Add/Remove Programs

Next, reboot the computer and reinstall Nero.

The Nero installer should install the MS VS C++ Redistributables together with the Nero installer files."

By the way, which CPU do you have?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks Wither,
    Looking in program list, I have C++ redistributables for:

2008 (x86 9.0.30729.6161)
    2008 (x86 9.0.30729.4974)
    2010 (x64 10.0.40219)
    2010 (x86 10.0.40219)
    2012 (x86 11.0.61030)
    2015 (x86 14.0.24212)

Does this mean that all the others are ok - hence leave them alone and just uninstall the 2010 and 2012 ones? Also, should I uninstall Nero before the reboot too?

Cheers

Rafal
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I uninstalled both 2010 and 2012 C++ red's, then rebooted. Fired up Nero installer, which installed the 2012 red'ble. I then selected the option to uninstall Nero. Once removed, I re-installed Nero. Tried the recode, and got the RPC error again.

In programs and features, I have all the resdistributables listed in last comments, except for the 2010 ones.

CPU is a Xeon X5550 2.67GHz

Is it worth removing all redist'les and trying again?

Cheers

Rafal
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• view 2 more comments
    • No. You need the C++ 2010 redistributable so, you should install that to see if the problem goes away.

The comment about Virtu concerns being able to use QuickSync with a Sandy Bridge and later Intel CPUs when the monitor is connected directly to the GPU. It's more directed at the generic problem with the two monitors on your system, not the Nero problems.

If installing the C++ 2010 doesn't help, then you should contact tech support.
    • Ok, so here's the steps of what I tried:
      1. Uninstalled all redistributables
      2. Rebooted
      3. Reinstalled Nero (it added 2012 and 2015 redistributables)
      4. Rebooted
      5. Installed 2010 redistributable
      6. No reboot

Same no RPC server error message on recode. I'll try another reboot while I get a tea.
      Unless there's a certain, specific order of doing the above?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• why didn't you reboot after installing the 2010 redistributable?

Also, did you try reinstalling Nero again after it's installation?
    • didn't do another reboot as I had to get back to on my normal day job and all this Nero activity was starting to take up too much of my time. Anyway, I guess switching on pc today counts as reboot, plus did another re-install of Nero, which occupies item 7 in my list above!

No surprises for outcomes - recode won't recode, and video won't display after I try advancing it, just as before.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• view 1 more comment
    • Update - Tech support advised to update video card driver. But as I'd already tried that, I instead dumped the video card and swapped it for a GTX 1050TI. After installing driver for this, I tested Recode, and it worked fine immediately. Problem with the video editor also disappeared after I re-installed redistributable 2010.

So, does anyone want a firepro graphics card.....?
    • Looks like they were going down the same path as we were pursuing earlier. Not sure what's with the drivers for that card.

Thanks for coming back and providing the solution. I practically beg people to do that on a routine basis but 99% of the time they don't. It just makes the forum so much more useless when the solution is applicable to a large number of people.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm