Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero Video 2016 rendering performance

Hello,

I have reasonably powerful PC for video.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 4.2GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8076MB RAM
Page File: 4108MB used, 5247MB available

Not sure why Nero Video never uses more than 50% of processors. The system can run for indefinitely with all processors at 100% without exceeding 70C. Is this a windows 10 thing or does the app limit the processor usage somehow? How can I make it run full bore?

Thanks,
Nipplebeards
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Justin, How is it going? You have a nice kit there. Plenty of RAM and PAGE. I appreciate your question. If we look beyond what you have available I can tell you that CPU's get very complicated and you can not rely on the web to make safe adjustments and the CPU manufacturer will only give help that suits them. They don't need any of us giving there products a bad name if you get a self-inflicted problem. We are dealing with the brain. If your not sure what you're doing and you try some third-party idea you could bend a process that gives you a faster Nero but you might lose something else in your system operations or your 'burn' might have an unforeseen error? I mean, everything has got to be right at the end of the day for these tasks to work. A bit like us really. These operating systems are very clever at looking after themselves to give reliability and your Nero is more than likely working in the most efficient way on your system. Why would they build it in any other way? Nero has been well designed. So what can we do? If not done so, have a look at your Windows performance settings and try a few things and do some test burns. I use the re-write discs or burn to your system drive and not another. Take measurements. You will be safe here but keep your head. You have seen the priority buttons on some Nero interfaces, Low, Normal, High. You could check that if not done so. I use it. If it's not there then so be it and that could be the end of your story. Check out this guy below. You might find something I've missed. Be very careful.

http://forum.nero.com/nero_eng/topics...

If you had a spare PC that you could rebuild/reformat easily in case of a massive crash, you could try more extreme adjustments or modifications.

Thank you,
    Chris.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited