Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero Video 2017 issues in Win 10 Pro - no display

Nero 2017 issue. I have Win 10 Pro 64bit. Everything was working until I reloaded windows, now everything works bar Nero Video - it appears to run but no screen is showing, not sure what the issue is - have tried uninstall and then re-install but no luck... Any feedback appreciated.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi,
    Sometimes cleaning out the Nero Video cache will solve some issues ...

It might be a case of the "cache" folders becoming corrupt. You can delete the Nero Video "Cache" folders, and they will be re-initiated when Nero Video starts up again.

Where to do the deleting:

Substitute your windows username for "YOUR USER NAME" below ...

For Nero 2017 :

(1)
    Delete the folder "Nero Vision" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Nero\Nero 2017

(2)
    Delete the folder "SharedMediaData" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Nero

(3)
    Delete the folder "Nero Vision" at
    C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Nero\Nero 2017

Note: The above folders are usually "hidden" folders in Windows, so you might have to use the "View" Tab in Windows File Explorer to show hidden files from C:\users\YOUR USER NAME
    and below.

***************************************************************************************

Usually you would receive some kind of error message for the following, but perhaps give these a try ...

For example :

MSVCR110.DLL is missing

If you happen to see this error message please download and install ‘Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4’ from the following Microsoft web page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...

MSVCP140.DLL is missing

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

Installation error 1158

In each of these cases please apply all available Windows Updates and additionally please install ‘Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015’ with administrative privileges from the following Microsoft web page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...

Nero KnowHow 00007
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thanks for the quick reply.. sadly this has not helped. Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact my files say Nero 2017 32 bit and I am using 64 bit but when it goes to fire up - I see the large yellow Nero Video screen, then nothing, if I try to restart, it says a copy is already running and I have to use Task Manager to close it all down.

Yesterday changed the hard drive of my laptop into a new laptop - so same H/D, same files, same everything in the swap and now Nero Video will not fire up and work - everything else works just like normal. I have uninstalled at least six times now, I have loaded a trial version of Nero 2018 - no joy.
    • view 4 more comments
    • Thank you, I have dropped them a line - totally appreciate your input especially at this late (UK) hour of the night,
    • You're welcome ... (I'm actually a fellow Nero customer in Melbourne Australia who has been around this forum for a while) . I hope that Tech Support will come up with the answers.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated