Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Nero Video 2019 cannot transcode and write to HDD or DVD

As per the title above.

Built a brand new Intel Core i7-8700 CPU, 16GB RAM on an ASUS Prime B360M-K mainboard.

Simply trying to burn a few MP4 files as a standard DVD to play on a normal DVD player but doesn't work.

Nero Video throws a generic error:
Burn process failed!
An error log file was created that can be very helpful in
diagnosing problems. Would you like to save it?

Error log file can be found here: http://www.filedropper.com/20190403-01

Please help!
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • To rule out one option could you please re-try to burn the project to HDD but disable the disc menu. This will still create a DVD-Video but will play the movie directly. If the problem persists it would be good if you could run the source videos through Nero Recode and encode them to a DVD compliant format first and try again in Nero Video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I've tried burning to HDD without menus before and it didn't work - same error.

Also already tried Recode videos to 720 x 576 and burn but still same issue.

Even rebuilt the whole system between writing my original post and now. All drivers and Windows updates installed then Nero only and updated and nothing else - same error.

In desperation I started toggling all the settings in the menus and in the end setting Video mode to "PAL" under Options > Recording Format Options > General worked!

Not sure what it was set to originally before rebuilding the system but I can only assume it wasn't PAL.

Anyway, happy to report problem is resolved now.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated