Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

NERO VIDEO missing codec for HD.265 & HD-AAC

Yesterday I purchased Nero Video 2018 and successfully installed the product on my PC running Windows 10. When I try to add a .mov file to the video time line, an error pops up to say that I must upgrade as I do not have the required HD.265 & HD-AAC codecs. How do I solve this problem?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Shane,

You can get help directly from Nero:

Support Issues

Help with issues involving recent Nero versions can be obtained directly from Nero by using the email contact form at Technical Support via e-mail. This requires a valid product serial number which has the form XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (8 groups of 4 characters/digits separated by dashes. Note: The serial number will not have the letter 'O'. Since this is a public forum, DO NOT post your serial number. If your serial number is not accepted, use the contact form at Nero Customer Service.

If you bought Nero Video as part of a suite, it appears that only the Platinum version will import HEVC video:

But, the standard suite description of Nero Recode indicates that it will import HEVC video:

If you bought the Nero Video standalone product, there's no mention of HEVC:

As with previous versions, the product descriptions are contradictory. So, unless a Nero employee shows up here, a Tech Support request is probably the only way to get a definitive answer?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned