Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero Wave Editor automatically downsets the sound quality ( before 320Kbps after the save 133 kbps)

nero 2018 suite
when I edit audio with the nero wave editor automatically downsets the sound quality at the time I store it( before 320Kbps after the save 133 kbps). In an earlier version I did not have such a problem.I usually use wav or mp3 320kbps. I want a advise for the program and one advise when i subscribe to a cd to get the best sound quality. Also when I record from cd to my computer I do not want to lose sound quality . I use nero express and nero wave editor. thank you very much. please help
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • Hi Grigoris-

I'm no expert and Nero doesn't support the free tools any longer.

The only place in WaveEditor where I can find a bitrate of 320 Kb is for Lame MP3.
    Open the Options and select Audio Format Settings. Click on Encoders. Double click on the Lame mp3. Set it to a constant bit rate and select 320 Kb. Select Lame mp3 when you're saving the file.

I don't know what you use to record a CD to your computer.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I like a happy camper. :D

It finally warmed up enough so I can go out on the back porch
    and have a beer and cigar in a few minutes. :)

Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I figured out that the Editor does not remember the output settings. You have to constantly re-select non-default settings to keep the output the same. It doesn't even keep the setting of the original recording intact. If you don't know the values of the original recording, it will change it on you when you save it. That's a major problem. That sucks. It's been that way for quite while. I wonder when they'll fix it. Doesn't look like they're interested. But, other than that, I like Wave Editor. It has an easy to use interface with a lot of features.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't know what you mean by "you can't even select............."

I tested WE 14 on Vista and WE 15 on Win 7 using various settings. As long as I select Constant Bitrate in the audio encoder settings for LAME MP3, they both retain the value and the output files are 320.

I also don't know what you mean by "WaveEditor also forgets......................when it's closed." Maybe a screenshot of what you see when you open it would help.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You can't even select the options for a specific bit-rate unless "Constant Bit Rate " is selected first. If WE consistently returns to its default setting, it will be Variable Bit Rate. My point is, no matter what format/settings you select, once the operation is finished and closes, and you go on to the next operation, it always reverts back to its default settings. It doesn't remember a thing. Every time you do anything/editing, you must save the result. And to save that result, you always have to re-select your preferences, because it doesn't remember a thing.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Oh, as far as the screen shot goes, I haven't done one in awhile. I'l have re-learn how to do it. I'l get back to you.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• OK. Here are the screen shots. My point is that no matter how I close the program, it always opens in the default view.
    1)WE opens 2)WE in use
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Are you running it with the screen maximized?

Hover your mouse over the line just about the words Level meters. When you see a little double arrow symbol with two parallel lines, click and hold on it and drag it down so it's the size you like. Here's what mine looks like-

Note that if you click on the "x" for any of the things at the bottom of the screen, they won't appear after you close and reopen WE. You would need to click on View and select the things you want to see and they would appear after closing and reopening WE.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I never use it maximized. I always need access to other windows. I just wish it would remember how I arranged it for the next time I open it. It's a hassle to keep setting it up every time I open it. Yeah, go ahead and call me lazy.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The only things you're normally going to see when you open WE are the standard menu, toolbar and those things that you added using the View options (I can't remember what the defaults are when one first opens WE). You can select Customize under the View menu to make additional adjustments. You can also grab the graphics and move them around, as shown below-

All these changes should be permanent until you change them again.
    • view 2 more comments
    • I don't know what to tell you. You want it to retain the settings which you've specified and, from what I can see, it's doing that. Your first screenshot is not the default view. I can't get it to look like your second screenshot unless I reduce the size of level meters and edit history graphics.
    • This is the default view for me. Every time I open it, that's how it opens. And every time, I need to down-size the meter & history panes, to see the file pane. When I go thru many files, that's a lot of opening & closing going on. And it never opens the way I closed it. That's a real hassle.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Dennis,

If you choose 320 Kbps while saving the MP3 file, the setting will not be retained (as you have said). If you use the procedure mentioned by Wither 1 above, the 320 Kbps will be retained as the new default. In other words,

I was able to duplicate your layout situation:

Since Nero doesn't maintain the WaveEditor program, you might have to wait for them to release it as an open source program before anything is done about this.
    • view 3 more comments
    • I refer to the format as the extension. The bitrate and frequency can vary within a format. I don't want to go on with this because I've already answered the original question in this thread and, a lot more.
    • By the way, I re-read the first post from Wither 1 about going to options menu. I now understand why he/you didn't get why I had a WE memory problem with the format settings. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I really like WE and wish it was perfect. Thanks for all your help.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m hopeful
    I want to say one more thing.... I hope that Wave Editor doesn't get dropped off Nero's list of available programs. Somebody somewhere should keep it alive somehow. I hope it doesn't get abandoned. Thanks again for all your help.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm