I’m Frustrated!

Nero 2014 to Nero Platinum 2014 unsuccessful upgrade??

HI, Good Morning?
I recently upgraded to Nero Platinum 2014 & had Nero 2014 previously installed. Trying to get assistance from Nero via E-mails? BluRay & the various other components failed to install correctly. Thinking I should just completely wipe everything Nero related & try a complete re-install? Using Win8.1, I7-4770 CPU @3.40 Ghz, 12 GB RAM, 64 Bit, NVIDIA GeForce GT 635. Digital & Audio codecs are all correct. Burning & Ripping music is working OK. Tried the new movie "Gravity" & nothing. Then tried kids- " Disney/Pixar- Monsters University," & have the video & still no sound? Appreciate any comments. Nero seems to be less than helpful. Cheers...Brian Brown.
1 person has
this problem
+1
next » « previous
  • Earlier, I asked Brian if he had ever been asked to register his product. He said "no". I asked this because everything on his system looked correct except for the absence of the blu-ray plug-in. I thought this may be due to his patents not being activated (it's a stretch).

Brian- Open Nero Video and select Make Advanced Movie. Choose the defaults in the next screen. There will be a sample video under the "video" tab. Drag that to Video Track 1. Click on Next. You should get a request to register your product. Please do so. Then try the Blu-ray player.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi Wither ! - Omega Tester & maybe "Jens?'

I see a lot of traffic generated in my absence. Wonderful. Finally 'Jens" alludes to the fact that there 'May" be a bug? Well...well. What a surprise . And then something else is Cosmetic? Only to be fixed at some vague date. Could it be that maybe Beta testing of Nero Platinum 2014 was a tad rushed before it hit the market.? I have my suspicions.
    Hi & Morning Wither1 if your about. -37C here in Edmonton. Ki Ki BIrds are out ...( KI --Ki --- Ki Krist it's Cold!" Old Humour. OK Read the above & will have to respond twice, as when I save a png file and then take another 'Snip to Save." It tells me it is replacing the previous Picture? So I followed your above instructions all the way up to 'Next." See picture coming. Will have to manufacture the next 'Snip png' & then I do NOT get a request to register my product. C'ya.
    Brian K.B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi --- again.

After I get to the 'Next..' As you asked the next only brings up this screen.
    Sorry Wither 1. I guess not quite what you were hoping for.
    See this image. Thanks,
    Brian K.B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hi
    Wither1.

Also checked my 'Market' -again & still shows me this?

Brian K. B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• HI Wither!

& this appears to be -?-? OK for music?

See anything in here not checked correctly also--??

Brian K. B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I don't see anything wrong in your last screenshot. Not sure what you're after there since it doesn't deal with the blu-ray player.

Run through the video exercise again. When you get to that screen, click on Create a Disc and select blu-ray disc.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Will try in about 15minutes. We are having brunch.....

Thanks BKB.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither1,

Done brekkie. Sunday tradition to have Brunch. As long as I do the cooking..... So.
    Here is where this takes following your advice to create a BluRay disc.
    I am sure I can open up more after this screen. Still do NOT see anywhere the request to register my product? Maybe I did not go far enough perhaps??
    Brian K.B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well, I need to pay more attention. :(

I got looking at your Market screenshot and it's showing that the Platinum upgrade is available for you to purchase. You're also missing a few plug-ins, not to mention the Blu-ray player is not installed.

I hate to go back to it but I think there's a problem with your Platinum serial number. They may have given you one for people who never had Nero 2014 installed. I don't know. I guess you could try removing your Nero 2014 serial number to see if that makes any difference. You can add it back in later, if it doesn't work.

At this stage, I recommend that you either contact the people you got it from or send an e-mail to tech support at techsupport@nero.com.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Brian,

Rightly or wrongly, Jens blessed your serial number situation last night. Have you tried to run the Blu-ray Player from the Welcome screen as Jens asked?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither1

Sort of multitasking as my wife (Mary.) & I are doing some preliminary crunching of the dreaded TAXES!!!
    Trying to keep up with you. BUT between my career pension...CPP & OAS. It is not looking good for me. Dang Revenue Canada.... always seem to have their hands out.
    I got the Nero Platinum 2014 upgrade right off the Nero website where the offer was made. I have not heard from this 'Jens?' about a serial number being blessed. Though it is Sunday? When you refer to the BluRay welcome screen......it is which one??
    Have not tried to modify any of the serial numbers in the control center? Is that what you are suggesting??
    Brian K. B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hmmm?
    The same as it has been since I/ we started this dialogue several days back.

I DO NOT HAVE A BLURAY PLAYER THAT WORKS!!!!!

NO AUDIO...NO VIDEO. On some older DVD Movies it will play the Video but No Audio.....??
    How many times do I have to state this??? The screen may say that but the reality is I can not get the BluRay player to work.
    Exactly as we have been discussing all through these some now 36 messages. Which I am forwarding in a letter to:
    Nero Development & Services Gmbh
    Im Stoeckmaedle 18
    76307 Karlsbad
    Deutschland - (Germany.)
    I am sure they will be fascinated to read all this and wonder why do we even have these people on staff?
    Absolutely ......nuts!
    Brian K. Brown......
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• To answer 'Omega Tester above.'

Welcome screen for BluRay brings up this. Insert a DVD & it does not play.
    Period.

Brian K. B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Omega Tester.

See picture of my Nero Home Media.
    I do not see anywhere to play a DVD on this ??
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• None of this changes anything I said. It's showing that the Platinum upgrade is available so it's not recognizing his Platinum serial number. He's also missing some of the plug-ins.

He could uninstall and then install the Trial version and use only his Platinum serial number during the installation. That would be the same as removing his Nero 2014 serial number but might install the missing plug-ins and get it to recognize that he has Platinum.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• We know the blu-ray player is installed. The plug-in is not.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi all.
    Sorry can not do this anymore today .We have an appointment in Edmonton Art Gallery in 1/2 hour. Leaving soon. Not sure but may look at this later in evening after our outing. Thanks all who keep me optomistic. But I think Nero is dragging its feet and a suspicion they are unsure how to fix this??
    Why has my sign on Email & password suddenly been denied. ??
    Maybe talk later. Brian K.B. ;-) ... :-( ...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Please clearify:
    Do you want to playback a bluray disc or a video-dvd? (In your previous posting you sometimes wrote dvd, therefor I ask)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Wither1 & Omega Tester,

Oh....'Jens.??

Thanks to both Wither! & Omega Tester in your patience . Between you guys on here and Tech Support some - 40 conversations. Now I know how to 'Snip" Has been a trial has it not. Jens --here in Canada it is understood I believe a BluRay disc is a DVD that you buy say, - "like Gravity." Which is the whole gist of all of this . So your question to me is moot.
    Wither ! & Omega Tester I finally received from 'Nero Support' an extensive E-mail with instructions on doing a clean re-installation. Hopefully it will go OK. I will try later today. Can not right now as I have a quick day trip to Calgary & back.
    For now I will download & save as they have instructed and try to walk through it all later. If I have any issues I sure hope your still here. And...now I have learned how to use a 'Forum.' I'll have to get better at this to.
    If my address does not allow- ' psychobb@telus.net' is one I have . Be pleased to communicate if there are problems later today? Guess we will see?
    Again - ' Merci beaucoup--- Thanks, eh!
    Brian K. B.
    • view 3 more comments
    • Update...
      I have a 32G Micro SD card in my phone. Thought what the Hell. Downloaded the 1st Package OK so far. Now downloading the 2nd. package with the new exe. instructions. Is still downloading as is a big file
      Will pull the Micro SD card out of phone later and then transfer to the computer and try to proceed from there I guess. Fun eh! Brian K.B.
    • Hi Wither1
      Yes exactly.. Same message I got about not finding mirror also.-?? I'll check in with you guys later....BKB.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Instead of typing it, just select the whole thing. Then, right click and select Copy. Paste it into your address bar.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• No, I don't agree. It has nothing to do with anything. The market says that Platinum is available as an upgrade even though the DTS plug-in is somehow installed. The blu-ray player plug-in plus a couple of other plug-ins are not installed. It's a bastard installation, even though so many things look right.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• It doesn't matter what I think. Brian should do what tech support has requested. They're the experts.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• An attempt to clarify the DVD/Blu-ray situation. I hope I have this right!

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Ho -Wither1 & Omega Tester....'Jens.'

Sorry my Calgary situation turned into more than was expected. Home last night 10:00 --10-45 PM. Did quickly look at some more of the traffic but to late. Where I am at??
    Jens above in a brief entry... Ser.# 's remain? Does that mean I continue to be able to enter these to Nero & they work in perpetuity? Reason I ask? Following advice of a family member we wiped all Nero from my computer. The original install that had a CD-rom -(Nero-2014.) & the Nero Platinum 2014; which was an internet download. Everything is gone though I printed out &retained my E-mails with the two Licences that Nero agreed previously were valid.
    Attaching a snip this AM. Believe it does identify my computer and it's hardware.
    The picture above is ...nice Omega Tester but what it tells me I'm not sure? My Asus BluRay is the master and the DVD that came in the PC from HP is the slave.
    So....? when the dust settles & I grab another coffee. Can I know this? Can I totally start a complete install afresh with what & where I have?
    The discs I own are some Memorex DVD-R 16X 4.7Gb 120min. & Also some Verbatim -(London Drugs product.) -DVD+R 16X 'Lightscribe.' So I hope this answers most of the above comments you guys exchanged in my hiatus. Picture attached showing the components. Regards... maybe talk late & see how today we progress?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Brian,

I had hoped that we could get some verification that you weren't trying to play a DVD (not a Blu-ray) with the Blu-ray Player. The picture is supposed to indicate that Blu-ray discs must be placed into the Blu-ray drive and played with the Nero Blu-ray Player; DVDs can be placed in either of your drives, but must be played in Nero MediaHome.

Since you have deleted Nero, experimenting is over for now, but please indicate what type of commercial discs you were using. As I recall, you tried "Gravity" and a Disney disc. Are they both Blu-ray discs? DVDs?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I see no reason why you can't do the install. However, I think you should download and install the Nero 2014 trial version and insert your Platinum serial number during the installation, unless tech support has told you otherwise.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• OK..?
    Yes.. Gravity & a Disney-'Monsters Incorporated ' were both store bought BluRay movies.
    I have some older Movie DVD's - say pre: 2010- 2011. I seem to remember that copyright codecs were changed in early / mid 2012.-? Maybe some of this comes into play but I'm not tech savy enough to know this.

From above:
    'Wither1' you are stating go on the Nero web site. Install the Nero 2014 trial version. Then. Install the Nero Platinum serial #.? This I/we have not tried before. I'm certainly willing to give it a go. Understood completely about your playing DVD's & then BluRay in the different drives.

Truly was where I was and have been trying to get to through all of this. OK. I'll get back to you & will keep you updated. Is it me? , Or does anybody else find this "Jens' less than forthcoming with info? Cheers,
    BKB.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yes, that's what I'm recommending.

When you install your Platinum serial number, the trial version will become Platinum.

When you're done, then you can run the check for updates and install the Content pack.

However, if you're able to get the installation files from the "mirror" site and follow tech support instructions, then that would be my first choice.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• OK.
    Two- three days back. I tried the Tech Support 'mirror site that you reference.' It would not let me open, or use successfully Wither...
    Also, when I try to log in on the Nero website with my log in & password it does not accept those. So. I'm somewhat suspicious after all this that Nero has invalidated those ..??
    OK... Will try the Nero web site and install the Nero 2014 trial version from there and use my 'Platinum Serial #.' Multi- tasking , so I might be a bit. Have some homework from Calgary need to get finished. Grrr.
    Hope I can get into this within the hour---OK? Thanks. I'll post again after trying.
    BKB.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• OK...Wither!

Sorry had a several items I had to complete before re-visiting this Dogs Breakfast! I did as you suggested above. Went on to Nero.com, found the 2014 Nero trial version & downloaded. When asked for the input of my ser.# , I entered the Nero 2014 Platinum I have and it rejected it...immediately.
    So thought well let's try the original Ser#. from the purchase on the CD-Rom. It rejected that as an invalid serial #. immediately.
    Then I inserted the CD-Rom into the computer & it would not accept the serial #. that way. I have a screen snip of what was allowed. Which I was able to download I believe -'Some or all of the content pack??'
    There is no desktop icon anywhere. But, if I look into my C: drive-- (x86) files there are two Nero files. I will have to snip that after this to show you further. See attached for where it is at so far. Truthfully I am exasperated....which is polite for 'P___ Off!'
    Maybe I package this all up & I can not return opened software to Future Shop, & mail back to Nero?? But it just seems to be everything you / we try is stymied...
    Cheers.... Brian K.B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Why are you installing the Content pack if you haven't gotten the Suite installed yet? You should install the Content pack after you've installed and updated the Suite.
    • The only item that will install are two items in the content pack.
      The suite will not install with any of the Serial #s. I tried various ways and as you described above post. If I use my serial number from the Nero 2014 & or Nero Platinum 2014 it rejects that the serial number is invalid. I could send you a post with the snip of this tomorrow.
      Stmyied again. Night.
      Brian K.B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello Brian K. Brown,

It is very difficult to follow the problem in this thread without some more specific information on your system. Please make sure that you reply to my colleague ́s e-mail (sent on March the 4th) and provide with all the information requested in her e-mail.
    Then our TechSupport will analyze the problem and offer you an answer as soon as possible.

Thanks and best regards,
    NeroUser
    • NeroUser,

Aside from his real issue, Brian posted his serial number in a reply 5 days ago about 2/3 of the way down the first page of this topic. It can be found by searching for "Platinum Upgrade Pack Serial Number". Another user posted her serial number in the topic description here. In both cases, it is not possible for the user to edit or delete. Over the weekend, Jens stated that he emailed the administrator. Nothing has changed.

I have created a separate topic asking about this issue here. That has been ignored.

I suspect that Since5.5 is authorized to take care of things like this since the forum was created by them.

In any case, how does a person get these things taken care of? I there any way to get the attention of whoever it is that administers this forum?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi -'Wither! & Omega Tester.
    Just a quick update to this fiasco. On March 7th./2014 I faxed a letter to Nero in Karlsruhe with my Receipt for Nero Platinum 2014 on February, 25th./2014. This was the 11th. day & under the 14 days specified in the contract for my contractual obligation to cancel without reasons. It is in the fine print & quite clear from Nero.
    Several E-mails received back from Nero that they will NOT comply with their own policy in regards to Refunds.
    I have contacted Consumer & Corporate Affairs - 'Service Alberta," here in Edmonton. They have all the above comments etc from the forum downloaded to a SD card. The 'Fair Trade Act" in Canada is quite specific to consumer fraud and the penalties are harsh. Including loss of Licence and Sales for Nero within Canada.
    Currently I am getting the bullshit runaround from Nero and will let 'Service Alberta' deal with my situation and refund.
    I did finally resolve the ability to play a BluRay DVD. Interesting the two page booklet that has instructions for Nero.... Versus.... 142 page booklet of instructions for 'Cyber Link Power DVD v13.' Did the install in 10-12 minutes. Immediately played, "Gravity' with stunning effects and features. Far superior to Nero. See attached photo.
    I appreciate as always your efforts to resolve the, ' Bastard Install.' that was the Nero Platinum 2014 upgrade --- FAILURE!! Though Parties within Nero just can not get their shit together and understand this.
    Keep in touch if you wish. If others out there are having problems with Nero regarding refunds. Please advise. I can be of assistance in the formal process that I have begun to expose Nero and it's bogus policy.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Brian,

I see that you are moving on! Good luck.

As for the serial number business:

Apparently, the only way to delete your serial number would be to have Nero's site administrator delete the entire topic (or maybe just the comment it is in). I suppose that you would have to write to techsupport@nero.com to have this done. It would seem to me that the only reasonable thing to be done at this point would be for Nero to issue you a new serial number and "black list" the current one.

The rules:

Editing or Removing a Topic

The author of a topic, reply, or comment can edit or remove their content at any time so long as there are no subsequent replies or comments. Once a topic, reply, or comment receives additional replies or comments, the thread becomes locked from editing in order to preserve the context and transparency of the conversation.

Community members cannot edit or remove topics, replies, or comments from other users. If you are a community member and see a post that is clearly spam, or is otherwise violating the community’s guidelines, please report it to the company’s community manager by posting a new topic in that community.

Community employees can remove a topic, reply, or comment that has been posted in their community so long as they have a Management Seat enabled for their user account. All Get Satisfaction plans come with at least 1 Management Seat, and it can be enabled from the Employees & Roles page in the Admin Section.

Community employees cannot edit topic descriptions, replies, or comments posted by community members. Community employees may edit the title of a topic in order to clarify the topic or improve search ranking, so long as a Management Seat is enabled for their user account.

To preserve transparency, we make a note of any post removal in the community’s Change Log, and allow anyone to respond to the change via email by clicking the “Dispute this change” link. The Change Log makes a record of the removal, but the content is not viewable. In the event of a dispute, the employee who took the moderation action will receive an email notification, and can reach out to the user to resolve.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Omega Tester-?

I couldn't care less about the serial #. Not sure where you got that idea. Really does not matter because the Nero Platinum 2014 never installed or worked correctly.
    Really is a non starter. I am still being stonewalled by idiots at asknet.com for more information. If they actually reviewed all the communications and ideas that were exchanged they might finally get it.
    All my E-mails, threads & communications have been passed over to Consumer & Corporate Affairs with Service Alberta. I am told they will likely proceed with fraud charges and go from that . The wording in the contract is dross and bogus. But I do not care. Cyber Link Power DVD v13 is absolutely so superior. Stunning by comparison. Nice to hear from you. Cheers,
    Brian K.B.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

next » « previous