Nero 2014 Video AVCHD projects have "random" results.

Yesterday, I posted a problem with AVCHD projects that appeared to depend upon the size of the source pictures, Nero Video 2014 HD projects have problems with HD pictures. At the end of that post, I indicated that there was even a problem creating 1920x1080 projects from 1920x1080 source media.

Today, I looked at some AVCHD projects that use the 10 Nero 1920x1080 sample pictures and indicate that there is more going on! I've zipped up a folder containing four examples of the "random" behavior:

Download [275 MB], unzip, copy folder to C: root. Projects are inside..

There are four projects:

1. NoEffects: Ten pictures, 10 seconds each, no menu. Non-functional.

2. Effects: Ten pictures with text effects, 10 seconds each, no menu. Functional.

3. DuplicateTrack: Ten pictures on track 1, the same 10 pictures on track 2 above the track 1 pictures, 10 seconds each, no menu. Functional.

4. WithMenu: Ten pictures, 10 seconds each, title menu. Non-functional.

"Functional" projects play in the Blue-ray Player, each picture for 10 seconds. "Non-functional" projects do not play in the Blue-ray Player and have indicated total lengths that are short by 10 (or 11) seconds.

Each project contains a .m2ts file containing the video stream. For all projects, these .m2ts files have durations of 140 (or 141) seconds when opened in MediaHome. Those of "functional" projects play normally in MediaHome; those of "non-functional" projects play in MediaHome with a black screen.

All .m2ts files have "normal" durations and play in Windows Media Player.

Condensed MediaInfo:

I just hope I didn't make any mistakes!
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hello Omega Tester,

Thank you for this information. We have forwarded this case to our Software Developers as well.

As mentioned in your other topic, please note that you will not get an answer in the Forum regarding problems that have been solved by our Software Developers, as long as the problem has not been reported via e-mail too. The official channel to report a problem, and be able to follow it and receive updates is via e-mail.

Best regards,
    NeroUser
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Nero 2015 Video Update

A spot check:

This is not exactly what happened before, but maybe it will be different again tomorrow. For example, the Blu-ray plays in both of the above situations now. However, the length of the second one is 10 seconds shorted with a picture missing. The interesting thing is that it is difficult to tell exactly which picture is missing:

If the video is played, pictures 1-9 appear; if the video is paused, pictures 2-10 appear as the timeline is clicked! Along with the clear errors shown above, there is another occasional problem with the second assembly. Generally, when the timeline is clicked, the playing will continue from that point, but sometimes the screen goes black and the word "Failed" appears.

What does it take to get these bugs fixed?

• (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated