Nero BackItUp 2014 jobs disappear after a reboot

One of the machines I'm running BackItUp on is a Vista desktop. I've created several continuous cloud backup jobs and let them run -- some completed, some not as some are quite large. However, when I reboot the machine and reopen BackItUp there are no jobs stored in the application at all. They have to be recreated each time, and each time they start all over again and create a new cloud folder with the new date and time. The home screen of BackItUp looks like when I first installed it

I don't have this problem on my laptop running Windows 8.1.

Any ideas? This is getting frustrating.
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Open Nero Backitup 2014 and click on Help. In the About.... , what is your version. You should have v15.0.29.5. I mention this because there were problems in Vista that were corrected by an update.

However, as mentioned by Omega Tester, the reboot problem hasn't been resolved.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Nero (Official Rep) June 27, 2014 17:42
    Hi,

This is a different issue to your's Omega from what I understand.
    Jobs completely disappearing from the UI is nothing I'm aware of right not.

@Marc: Could you pls. provide some details on your system setup?
    - Do you have other Nero software installed
    - Do you specifically have other versions of Nero BackItUp installed?
    - Do you by any chance have Seagate Dashboard software installed?

Thanks and best,
    Patrick
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Odd, I logged in using the same social authentication method as previously but this time it attributed a different persona. I am Marc, one and the same.

----

Thank you Patrick.

1. Yes, in addition to BackItUp 2014 v. 15.0.29.0 and the associated Nero Control Center, I have Nero Burning ROM 9 (yes, I know it's old abut I really don't use it) along with Nero Live, CoverDesigner and Nero Toolkit, all of the same vintage and which were presumably all installed along with Burning ROM 9 by the prior owner of this machine. Also, strangely I see both Control Center and Control Center 4 in the program folders.

2. There are no other versions of BackItUp installed.

3. The installer for Seagate Dashboard does reside in an external HDD connected to this machine, but it is not installed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Patrick- before the update to fix the problems in Vista, I sent an e-mail which identified that I too experienced the complete loss of my backups, not only in v14 but also v12. However, I also mentioned that I had found where the backups went to and that I then copied them back to the correct location and they were found by both v12 and v14. After the update, the problem has not come back.

Dave- Is it 15.0.29.5, as I mentioned above? You said 15.0.29.0.

Note that I have the full version of Nero 9 installed. I don't have the associated Backitup and Burn 4 installed because I found that it didn't get along well with Backitup 5 in v10, even though they are one and the same with just a different version number. Control Center 4 is for v9. v9 shouldn't be an issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Nero (Official Rep) July 01, 2014 20:31
    Hi,

Thanks for your info both.
    Wither 1, I remember you reporting a similar issue.
    Since we haven't been able to reproduce that so far, I'm still looking for patterns in order to reproduce and fix this.

We'll see if we can make something out of that.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I can't find the specific e-mail I sent to you about the loss of the backups.

On the other hand, in an e-mail response to you on March 21, I asked the following question and never got a response. Since it's unrelated to this thread, you can just e-mail to my e-mail address which you should have-

I have a side question for you. Very frequently, people have reported that they've got old backups either on discs or a hard drive that they made eons ago and, somehow, don't know which version of Nero they made them with or they no longer have the Nero software. In many cases, I can help them retrieve their files. Right now there's an active thread where the backup(?) was made in 2002 using something called "span" which results in just a bunch of files ending in .001, .002, etc. I can't help with this one because I don't have access to manuals for Nero 5 or whatever was used and tech support wouldn't respond to inquiries about this situation. However, oftentimes, I have said that you can open .nba and .nda files with a good Zip program and people seem to have been able to do that. Recently, I mentioned that to someone who had .nda files. However, he couldn't get them to open. I tried to open some .nda files I made with LiveBackup. I named them ...nda.zip, ....zip but, no matter what I named them, various Zip software would create an archive of the .nda but wouldn't list the files contained within. Do you have any suggestions in regards to opening these kind of files?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm