I’m frustrated

Nero Burning Rom 2014 does not accept my wav files, when trying to make a CD audio!

I was checking a trial version of Nero Burning Rom 2014, and I saw that the program did not accept my wav files, when trying to make a CD audio!
How is it possible? In my older version of Nero 7 I used to make CD audios exactly with these same files...
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Umberto-

Is this happening with only one file or when trying to add multiple files? Most apps in the trial version have a 100 MB limitation.for files.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• I’m frustrated
    Many thanks first of all for trying to help, I AM REALLY VERY DEPRESSED. After years and years of a good work with Nero 7, now I do not succeed in doing anything of the kind I used to do very easily!
    Well, I open this trial version, I go in the screen NEW COMPILATION, CD AUDIO, and then, when I click on the OPEN button (by the way, it would have been much better to write, as before, ADD NEW FILES), I see a window in which appear the various directories of one of the disks of my PC. I address the program in a directory in which there are lot of audio WAV or MP3 files (all of which were quite good for my previous audio CD made with Nero 7), and the result is that NOTHING APPEARS in the screen, as if the directory was EMPTY. See the first attached image, in this image you see NOTHING, just the words NO ELEMENTS DO CORRESPOND etc. (I translate from Italian, perhaps in the English version these words are a bit different). Right in the bottom of the screen there is a space with the kind of files, and I see in it only extensions which refer to various kind of COMPILATIONS, or to image files (by the way, but NOT to the common extension JPG), see the second attached image. Of course there is also the option ALL FILES, and then at last I see indeed ALL files which are in the directory (see the third attached image). As I said, all of them are WAV or MP3, and when I try to open just ONE of these, of both extensions, I just get: FORMAT FILE UNEXPECTED. In the whole, I cannot produce any CD, and exactly the same happens when I try to produce a DVD video: all my usual extensions of video files, VOB or MPG or AVI, are NOT recognized!!

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• The OPEN Button is to OPEN an already existing project.

To create a new project, click the new button
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Also note that if you select Audio CD, New, View, and then Browsers, you will see all the drives and directories on your hard drive (or SSD). You can browse to your audio files and then drag and drop them into the compilation area.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated
    1 - Thanks for the kind replies, which fixed the question. Now I am in front of two possibilities: the first, to apologize for NOT having understood by myself how to proceed; the second, to remark that the fact that I did not understand by myself should be interpreted as rather instructive, since it did confirm my primitive impression, that this program is less clear than the old Nero 7. As a matter of fact, after having chosen the task CD AUDIO, the button NEW seemed to address to some NEW TASK, and not to go on with the chosen one: I repeat that it would have been more understandable a button with the words ADD NEW FILES, as in Nero 7.

2 - Anyway, as you can easily guess, I did NOT succeed in making a trial CD. After wasting some time in preparing it, I got a notice that the trial version did not support processing more than 100 MB. This means a CD with just 5 entries, and not my usual 20: an editorial choice from your side which does not appear entirely appreciable (a trial version which works for only 15 days, but in this short time does not work fully, VERY BAD).

3 - I was almost on the point to buy the full version, but first I wished to attempt to make a DVD VIDEO, and then I met even worst troubles. On the left I saw two folders, AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS, which I never saw before, and whose meaning I could not understand. I tried to make a compilation with MPG or AVI or WMV files, and all I got was: IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ADD ONE OR MORE FILES TO THE COMPILATION. So my question is very direct, and easy to answer with yes or not: is it possible or not to make DVD files with this Nero Burning Rom 2014 EXACTLY as before with the old Nero 7 program?

4 - I suppose that the answer to my last question is NOT, since I read on your web site that one should need NERO VIDEO, and I read that: "Nero Video is enclosed in the full version of Nero 2014". Well, at this point I decided to perhaps buy this full version of Nero 14 (even if I am just interested in making CD and DVD, and not in other features), and so I downloaded from your web site the trial version you provide, namely Nero2014-15.0.08500_trial.exe. Then I tried to open this file and to install the program, but all I got was the notice that you see in the first attached image (another notice received immediately afterwards is in the second attached image). I tried again, but nothing changed, identical result. The installation DID NOT succeed, and I was not able to test Nero 14. In the whole, I could come to the conclusion that this time I have been very unlucky with Nero products (I repeat, after many years of great satisfaction with the old Nero 7, which I bought in 2006): I am rather unsatisfied, and I am loosing my residual patience (as a matter of fact, I must acknowledge that I was very upset since the beginning by the circumstance that my appreciated Nero 7 did not work anymore with the new operative system Windows 7)...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I'll not address each thing because we've already addressed the limitations of the trial versions.

To burn a DVD-Video which is playable on all standalone DVD players, your video files have to be encoded (authored) into the DVD-Video structure. That is done in Nero Video and will result in a Video_TS folder and the Audio_TS folder. The latter is usually empty so not needed. You can burn your project directly to disc from Nero Video or to your hard drive or the Image Recorder. If you burn it to your hard drive, then you can import the Video_TS folder into Burning Rom, DVD-Video and burn it. If you burn to the Image Recorder, you can burn the image to disc in either Nero Express or Burning Rom.

I won't have time until either tonight or tomorrow to address your installation problem with the trial version. You might try uninstalling the Burning Rom trial version and then installing the Nero 2014 suite.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m RESIGNED!
    Well, first of all MANY THANKS once again for the kindly prompt appreciated assistance. I must say that your on line assistance appeared to me quite better than the products which I tested in the last days!

Coming to the most important point, I decided to buy after all NERO BURNING ROM 2014, even if I realized rather thoroughly that it was QUITE WORST than my previous Nero 7.

As a matter of fact, I have nothing to object about making CD audios. I found the normalization service, which is absolutely essential for this task.
    But making DVD videos was decidedly bad. I did not find the possibility of inserting chapters, of organizing menus, to see a preview of the videos, etc.. Am I wrong?

But worst of all, the program appears to work in a very strange way. If I decide for instance to process a video file of the kind xxx.VOB, or xxx.mpg, or xxx.avi, or xxx.wmv, then I always get the notice: IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ADD ONE OR MORE FILES TO THE COMPILATION.

In order to go on I discovered this escamotage: change name and extension to your file, calling it for instance VTS_01_1.VOB, and then you will find that it is accepted, even if it remains EXACTLY THE SAME FILE as before. The funny circumstance is that this expedient appears to work not only with TRUE VOB files, but even with mpg, avi or wmv files. In other words, if you want to process a file xxx.mpg, you have just to change name and extension to it, and then the program goes on burning (it says indeed that there is a NON CRITICAL ERROR, but at last you get the wished result - of course, in the produced DVD you CANNOT SEE the specific titles of the videos, but just some anonymous VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, etc.).

I have to remark that the possibility of processing mpg files is not just a fancy. Take for instance a whole usual movie in VOB format. It usually takes one whole DVD in order to get recorded. If you convert VOB files into mpg, and then change names and extensions as said before, then you can put on a same DVD about 4 whole movies, in place of 1, the difference is astonishingly significant (I say astonishingly because the files appear to have more or less the same weight in KBs).

In conclusion, passing from Nero 7 to this POOR Nero Burning Rom 2014 has been for me a kind of retrocession...
    [Of course, this judgement is relative to the circumstance that the aforesaid remarks are correct: if there are possibilities of employing the program differently, then I would change my mind, but I can say since now that, if there exist these possibilities, they are rather concealed, while a good program must be of natural and intuitive usage, as it was indeed Nero 7...]
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Nero Burning ROM is no DVD Authoring Programm - so it can ONLY burn already authored DVD Files.

To author own DVDs, you need nero video.

But, this was the same with nero 7 - also the nero 7 burning ROM could not author own dvd.

So: Nothing has changed.
    Nero Burning ROM: Burning already authored DVD files
    Nero Vision / Nero Video: Make own DVD - with own menus, insert charapters, preview and so on
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m QUESTION SETTLED
    > Nero Burning ROM is no DVD Authoring Programm - so it can ONLY burn already authored DVD Files. To author own DVDs, you need nero video. But, this was the same with nero 7 - also the nero 7 burning ROM could not author own dvd. SO: NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

- Well, this seems to me quite WRONG. I made hundred of my own DVD's during the years with Nero 7, and I can say, by direct personal experience, THAT A LOT HAS CHANGED.

Moreover, I could confirm that, with the escamotage which I described in my previous communication, even with Nero Burning ROM I do succeed now in making my own DVD videos, even if rather worst than before (no chapters, no good menus, etc.).

Anyway, once again best regards from Italy to both of you, Jens and Wither 1,
    Umberto Bartocci
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Nero 7 contained nero vision - the only differnce now is, that it is now called nero video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• My apologies for using Nero Video instead of Nero Vision.

I had to look up "escamotage". :)

Great that everything is working.

Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm