I’m unsure

Nero LIVEBackup 12.5.7000 and Raid 0

I have backup my raid 0 whole system with Nero LIVEBackup version 12.5.7000. However after starting up with Nero rescue disk (from create ImageTool Disk tool) I do not see any computer internal drive but external backup drive where the backup files lie.
Can I proceed to restore my whole system with this backup in case of a catastrophic failure and get a successful restore anyway?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • If you made a full drive backup, you should be able to use the Nero ImageTool disc to restore it.

If you have any problems, please kindly send us the following information to techsupport@nero.com, we will then analysis for you:

A step-by-step description on how you proceeded.

Please explain in detail how you proceeded. Which application of Nero did you use, and What were you trying to do?

Error messages as a screenshot.

Do you get any error messages? If so, what does the message tell you?
    To enable us to analyze the problem, we need a screenshot, which will support us in finding a solution.

You will find detailed instructions on how to create a screenshot on our website:

http://www.nero.com/eng/show-faq.html...

The NeroSupport.cab log archive.

Click the following link to download the "GetSupportFiles.zip" file to your hard drive:

http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.
    -> The "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" window opens.
    The tool may take several minutes.
    You can track the single steps in the displayed window.

After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.

Please send us this file as an e-mail attachment.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Are you saying that after you select Restore Backup, select the backup to be restored, select a partition to restore and then click on the arrow, you can't see your system drives when you select the target for restore?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Wither

I say yes but I did not click the arrow you are referring that I do not remember to see.

I just want to verify if restore procedure works and to be prepared in the case of an event. So, when I reached the source file window I did not see any other drive but the external drive where the backup file to be restored is. At this time I was afraid to explore more and to proceed to the next step. So, I was unable to see the information of the next window and I am not sure if the expected target drive 'C:\ ' (raid 0) would be presented to me.

So, if Nero LIVEBackup claims to work with raid 0 configuration I may rely on it.

Kindly, thanks for your attention
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You're not going to see your system drives in the source window. It means just what it says- it's where the backups are stored.

Look at "Restore drive backup" in the help file for guidance on how to do the restore.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Thankful
    Wither

I started over again the restore of the whole system and this time I went further ahead. I got another window that presented to me the options either to restore my entire drive C:\ (Raid 0) or just the boot sector. That is amazing and now I feel comfortable with Nero LIVEBackup.

Thanks for your support.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Great. I hope I have give you a "good answer".

Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm