Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated and confused

Nero update for 2006 software bundle needed, including Lightscribe support

I just installed an LG Lightscribe DVD rewriter. The software bundle CD that came with it is dated 2006. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 installed, and the Nero software that is on the bundle CD is not compatible with it. Which version of Nero would be the most likely to have been included on the CD? I ask because I want to download and install the appropriate update, but the CD itself does not appear to have this information. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • I'm guessing that the version is v6. About the only way to make sure is to install it. The earliest version that is Win 7 compatible is v9 Reloaded which came out in either late 2008 or early 2009. As a result, there's no download to make your version fully compatible with Win 7. Some things might work and others would not.

For V7 and earlier, you can buy the updates but they're for someone that has the full suite, not an Essentials version. However, you could buy the update and install it using your serial number. You would still have an Essentials version but it would be up to date.

I think you should investigate buying Nero 2014 standard or platinum. You can get a discount using your version as a trade in. Which one to buy depends on what things you want to do.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited