Nero Video 2014 crash on startup

nero video 2014 crash on startup and give this message "nero video has experienced a serious problem and must close immediately"
the problem started after installing the program directly

my system updated and my drivers too

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 and I have another PC thats working on Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit SP1 and have the same problem

what i have to fix that???
5 people have
this problem
+1
  • The problem you describe can have several causes and needs to be analyzed individually. As a result, we require specific information for further analysis. Please reproduce the problem in Nero Vision/Nero Video, then create a Log file using the "GetSupportFiles"tool.
    Proceed as follows:
    Click the following link to download the "GetSupportFiles.zip" file to your hard drive:
    http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...
    Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.
    -> The "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" window opens.
    The tool may take several minutes.
    You can track the single steps in the displayed window.

After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.

Please send this file as an e-mail attachment to techsupport@nero.com.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• I’m frustrated
    I have the same problem. After I arranged some mp4-clips in nero 2014 video and want to "Export" this I get the same error message.

I will send you the "NeroSupport.cab". Hope that helps!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly

• Let me point out that you can only use a Nero serial number on one computer.

Try reinstalling this-

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downlo...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• sorry for the late reply. Thanks for your hints, but:

"... only use a Nero serial number on one computer. "
    => I tried to uninstall the former version V 10 before I installed "nero 2014" which was not so successfully I guess

"Try reinstalling this- "
    => I reinstall "vcredist_x86.exe" (2 times)
    => didn't helped

I got one more problem with nero recode (no reaction anymore after I started a VOB-recodinig - I had to kill the process) ... I've had enough of nero stuff ...
    Finally I decided to do the big step: I reinstall my whole system. So I have a completly new and uptodate system and the nero stuff seems to work fine ...so far.

Thanks for your quick answer!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I'm glad everything is working.

Just for information, you didn't have to uninstall v10. It runs just fine in parallel with v14.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I'm having the same exact problem with a new copy of Nero Platinum 2015. Every other program works fine, but Video experiences "a serious problem" when opening. Using Windows 7 Professional. How was this not fixed a year later? Anyone find a solution?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• chris,

If you have AMD graphics, a recent update to the Catalyst driver causes Nero Video to fail on startup and Nero Recode to fail when importing videos. An initial workaround can be found here.

Later, a new workaround, more suitable for Windows 10 was published here.

If you don't have AMD graphics or the workaround doesn't correct the issue, perhaps someone else will have another idea.

While working in the forum, it may be a good idea for you to appeal to techsupport@nero.com. If you do that, it's best to attach a copy of the NeroSupport.cab file for your system. The file is generated by downloading and running the Nero Get Support Files tool.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Nero crashes during startup and encoding issues.

"AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding" component is the cause included with AMD Catalyst.

*Display driver is not the cause*

Save time! Do not uninstall all AMD Catalyst, only uninstall
    "AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding" component and Nero should work.

And update to radeon-crimson if you want to, this would still work.

or

Uninstall old version AMD Catalyst completely and install radeon-crimson, this still works.

"AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding" component is the the confict. I don't AMD AVC component in radeon-crimson.

This is to help save a lot time for anyone who is trying to figure out the problems because I spent a lot time myself tearing up the pc and install and uninstall win 7. I have Nero 2014 Platinum. I have same problems. If you have AMD Catalyst Manager installed. Uninstall AMD Catalyst -> select custome -> components to uninstall -> select only "AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding only. This should solve the issue when use Nero Encoding and Transcoding and startup problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2016-02-20.
    see the change log