Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Nero video 2014, video exporting issues to HD resolution / Image stabilizer issues

1. In Nero Video 2014, there is no option to export videos to 1280x720 or higher resolutions in 'AVI' file format. Audio compression aslo not working while using AVI file format.
2. Video input file of size 720x576 (16:9 aspect ratio), when 'Image Stabilizer' is applied changes its aspect ratio to 4:3 or 1:1. Hence find it useless.

Will there be a fix release soon from nero?
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • 1. I don't know the basis for that. Unless hg-dude or Mister_M jumps in on this, you would have to ask tech support.

2. I tried it with various formats and it didn't change the aspect ratio. If you're using a .avi, I don't know what the video format is. With the file in the Media area, double click on it and select Metadata. Could you post a screenshot?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• 1. I need to export the video to AVI extension in 1280x720 resolution (up-scale). Refer to screenshot. Cannot increase the resolution more than 720x576.
    If I save in 720x576, black band appear in the exported video.

You can see screenshot with normal video and a video with video stabilizer (VS) effect applied. Normal side is circular, but with VS effect it became elliptical.

----------
    Import file is copied from JVC Everio HDD Camcoder
    720x576 (16:9 aspect ratio) *.MOD (mpeg2 file)

Thks for your reply
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Amjad:

If you have Nero 2014 Recode, it looks like you can do HD there.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am using nero video for video editing, ie; applying the transitions, title, other effects, etc. and not for conversion. I believe nero record will not help me solving the issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Amjad:

I was just suggesting that after completing your video in Nero Video, you could "upscale" it using Recode if that's what you want.

Also, I haven't noticed that the video stabilizer distorts the video. In your screenshot, the ball is not split vertically in the center - notice that the full light reflection is shown on the right side but none of it on the left. The stabilization works by magnifying and shifting the video. The amount is determined by the parameters of the effect. Have you varied them?

Edit to add the following image:

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• What's interesting to me is that I'm unable to get the option such as Zoom for the video stabilizer in v14 Platinum.

The screen shot provided by Amjad, doesn't show a change in aspect ratio. Rather, it shows the change in zoom level which can be varied.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• In the first screenshot u can see the ball is distorted with (VS). Second one is without VS and is not distorted.

----
    I have uploaded the original video file in the below link. could u please check and let me know how it works for you..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B87Z...

---

Thanks a lot for your support
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well the problem seems to be very specific and related to the file type. I just tested it with a TV recording (also 720x576 16:9) and used the stabilizer effect. The aspect ratio is displayed correctly.

So it seems as if Nero Video doesn't like the *.mod file. There can be some problem with reading the video header correctly. I don't know. Have you written to tech support yet, so that they can examine this problem?

As a workaround (like Omega Tester suggested and if you really need the video) you should transcode your video with Nero Recode to a resolution that is natively 16:9 (like 1280x720 or 1920x1080). As output format you should use the MPEG-4 profile wih H.264 video codec (standard), because if you have an Intel Core processor (at least 2nd generation) you could use Quick Sync hardware acceleration to save a lot of time. If you have a graphic card with hardware accelerated video encoding (nVidia CUDA, AMD APP) you can also use it. But Intel Quick Sync has the way better output quality and is faster than the other two acceleration types.

If you now edit this transcoded video with Nero Video, there should be no problem with the stabilizer effect anymore.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Amjad:

Thanks for providing the example video. I misinterpreted your picture; now, I've seen it clearly. I've done several things with it. I tried using Recode but got 4:3 files (???). I used Nero Video to make an MPEG-2 file. When I apply the video stabilizer to it, there is no distortion, but I don't see the difference in the metadata displayed by NV2014 or the data from the MediaInfo program.

I looked up the MOD format on Wiki and found:

"Standard definition video can be recorded in 4:3 and 16:9 formats. Some video decoders do not interpret the aspect ratio information in the media file header correctly, so 16:9 video may appear squeezed horizontally when viewed.[5] Software that is shipped with camcorders is capable of processing the aspect ratio information correctly, aided perhaps by the metadata stored in MOI files. There are also third-party tools for modifying the wide-screen aspect ratio information in the media file header so that it satisfies decoders which would otherwise fail to interpret this information correctly in an unmodified MOD file.[6][7][8] Some tools such as MediaInfo can correctly report the aspect ratio of widescreen MOD files, but media players may or may not display them correctly depending on the capabilities of the video decoder that they are utilizing at the time."

See here.

Maybe Mister_M can explain this. It seems that the MOD vs MPG extension is confusing Nero???

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If I use nero record or any other video converter to change the aspect ratio by transcoding, Video will lose its quality. Transcoding is commonly a lossy process or have to be uncompressed. Moreover I have 100s of files which I need to edit, its not practical to transcode each one before I import it to nero video.

And regarding the aspect ratio, nero video interpret the aspect ratio information in the media file header correctly when video stabilizer is not applied. So its some issue with the video stabilizer effect itself while reading *.MOD.

Once again thanks every one for the support. Could anyone tell how to inform tech support to examine this problem?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Finally I could find a solution to it. There is a software SDCopy which will correct issue with *.MOD file's header information without transcoding and will convert them to *.mpg file. Once it is converted in SDCopy it is not showing any distortion while applying video stabilizer effect.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Amjad:

You can send an email to techsupport@nero.com. Be sure to reference this topic and the file that you uploaded. With that file, they shouldn't need to be requesting support files and other nonsense from you (but probably will). In fact, it would seem that one of the 23 Nero employees "participating" in this forum could simply take care of it (but probably won't).

Although I agree that something is amiss with the video stabilizing, Recode seems to have the same (or similar) problem. They are probably both ignoring the pixel aspect ratio. (Mister_M stuff).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm