Nero video problem (2014 platinum)

I have a problem with nero 2014 platinum
when I drag a video to nero video it dosen't load
even existing project when i go to edit the video disapear ????
can anyone help?
2 people have
this problem
+1

• Where are you dragging the files to? What file format are you using?

• my problem is sometime work and sometimes it doesn't

no idea why like if i drag the file into main screen work then you save it

the next day you open the saved project to edit it. The video in the main

screen where all the videos you can see it and play it but when i go to editing

the video disappear and I can not drag video back there it will not load.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Mike Merei:

What sort of project are you creating? Movie? DVD? Etc.?

Have you tried using the importing capabilities instead of drag/drop?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• yes I did the funny thing

I make a project from 5 videos to create a DVD with menu

I save it everything cool the next day I come to change the videos in the project

when I open it I can see the old ones and can play them

but when I go to edit that video disappear in the editing screen and can not load

any video there anymore and when you go back to the main screen it will tell you

that because it doesn't contain any video it will be deleted so I quit nero without

saving the project the next time I open the project work fine (so its not clear why

sometime work and sometime the video disappear and can not drag or insert

video there anymore) the same project work sometime and sometimes not.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Mike Merei:

Please take a couple of minutes and watch this YouTube video:

Simple DVD creation using Nero 12 Video

Is this the sort of thing that you are doing?

If so, when you reopen your project, it should open to the Content screen. From there, you can go to the Video Edit screen for a single title by selecting it and clicking Edit.

Please clarify what your steps are.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Is this the sort of thing that you are doing?
    Reply: yes

If so, when you reopen your project, it should open to the Content screen. From there, you can go to the Video Edit screen for a single title by selecting it and clicking Edit.
    Reply: in the content screen yo can see your content and play them but when I go to edit one of the video content in the editing screen the video disappear and can not load any video from any type to go back to the content screen ( remember I didn't delete the video or insert another one) it will say the content will be deleted because it doesn't contain any video. I have been using nero Since nero (6,7,8,9,10 P,11 P,12 P & 2014 Platinum) only now I have this problem
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Mike Merei:

You've certainly been at this a lot longer than me. Sorry about the YouTube video!

To see if I understand your problem correctly:
    You start a DVD-Video project and import several files on the Content screen. If you proceed from there and make a DVD, it's fine. If you save the project and re-open it, it's fine (on the Content screen). Now, if you select a title and click Edit, there is no video on the timeline when you get to the Video Edit screen. Is that correct?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• exactly I have 5 videos in the content screen saved on the project from before

sometimes I can edited (replace the video with different one)and sometimes

I can not
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Mike Merei:>

I haven't had trouble with that, but I'm going to play around for a while. Perhaps, others will come along in the meantime.

I shall be back.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• When you create your project, are you joining the videos? If not, give that a try.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't want to join my videos so I can replace them with different one every time I need to the thing is some times work I am even able to run
    nero video 11
    nero video 12
    nero video 2014 at the same time they all still installed on my pc
    I only have this problem with this new nero
    even they said it's 2x faster (its not) it take same time as 11 or 12
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Mike Merei:

I've tried going in and out of Nero 2014 Video using the same project and going to the Video Edit screen and back. I'll try a few cycles of replacing one of the videos, but I'm sure I've done that before.

It seems to me that you are correct about the lack of speed improvement in Nero Video.

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• the funny thing the same project after trying several times ( quitting and opening nero video ) work
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I'm wondering if it's taking the system a while to access and load the last video, for whatever reason, and you're not waiting long enough. That could explain the erratic behavior.
    If you create your project in Make Advanced Movie, do you have the same problem with .nvc?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Mike Merei

I've replaced each of my three files with others, exiting and restarting Nero Video in between. I even went to Edit once and replaced the video with another one there before clicking Next to return to the Content screen. No problem.

I guess there's not much that I can do here except to say that in your situation, I'd be very observant in the future and try to determine what exactly was done just before it doesn't work (if that happens). Writing to techsupport@nero.com probably won't help unless you have a repeatable sequence of steps for them.

I've had a number of these intermittent issues. I no longer report them unless I can replicate them and even then, the Nero support aces rarely are able to. Good luck.

Please post any news.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks for the testing. Saved me the trouble. As you know, this isn't the first time that people have had similar problems with .nvc.
    • I wish someone can give me an answer to date still having the same problem
      let me explain it again

I open existing nero video project with multi-video
      I can play the video but when I go to editing the video disappear and no video can be inserted after closing and opening nero many times works again normal but
      when I close it and try to start again same problem

anyone can HELP ????
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I wish someone can give me an answer to date still having the same problem
    let me explain it again
    I open existing nero video project with multi-video
    I can play the video but when I go to editing the video disappear and no video can be inserted after closing and opening nero many times works again normal but
    when I close it and try to start again same problem

anyone can HELP ????
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Mike:
    Maybe a little more information would help:

Input file format specs: PAL or NTSC, 4:3 or 16:9, .WTV or other, etc.

If you make a new project and include only one episode, is there a problem?

If you are recording from TV as it appears, would it be possible for you to make a 30 second recording and upload it to hotfile.com, SkyDrive, etc. if it gives you a problem?

Are you able to Recode your files to .mp4?

Have you tried using a different file format? Maybe multiple copies of the Nero Flower Meadow sample video?

Operating system?

Here's a link to a .zip file containing 3 snippets I recorded a while back. I don't have your problem with them, but 2 of the 3 are presented in 4:3 by NV2014 instead of 16:9.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Mike:
    Addendum to my above post.

I tried importing the 3 snippets as before but using Nero 12 Video. The third one has no video without going to "Edit". (Although I can export it!)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• In regards to joining I mentioned some time ago, if you don't join once the project is expanded as shown above, you can only select one video and edit it in the Editing screen. That doesn't prevent you from replacing one video with another when you open the saved project.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Wither 1:
    Mike has said that he has Nero 11, 12, and 2014, and indicated that he has no interest in joining his videos.

Have you tried to duplicate Mike's problem? As you can see above, I have had a somewhat similar problem with Nero 12 Video using the files I uploaded to hotfile.com.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I know what he said. I'm just saying he needs to join once the video components are expanded.

With the new e-mail notification, I no longer have the time to do much testing. Continuous back and forth just makes it to difficult to both help and have some time for myself.

By the way, I just imported two different files into DVD-Video and the Join is available. I'm not sure what was going on yesterday.

Fish weren't biting yesterday and it rained on the golf course today.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• my friend my the problem I have now Never had with older nero
    even now if I use older nero no problem too
    my issue is existing project with existing video worked on and saved before with nero video 2014.
    when i open it with nero 2014 on the main screen I put above I can play the video but when I go to edit the video disappear and can not insert any video of any type or format .vob/mp4/xvid/flv nothing (never had this problem wirh older nero)
    the funny thing closing nero and open it again several times makes it work
    nothing to do with video format or joining video because it does work after (end/start the program)
    ps. when I leave nero video running I can open any saved project and edit it.
    the problem arise if I close nero video and say the next day I want to use it I have to restart it many time to work

again I explain ( opening an existing saved project )

I can play on this main screen the video loaded in the project but when I go to edit screen (to edit my videos) if existing video disappear I can not load any other video of any format till I restart nerovideo again several times.
    ps. This problem only arise the first time I start nero video if I leave it open (no mater how many project I open and close work fine)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Mike:
    Maybe Tech Support can find something if you send them the GetSupportFiles.CAB. There are instructions here.

It sounds as if the program doesn't load correctly every time (or maybe it's been infected). I've attached screenshots of my NeroVision.exe file's properties, the General tab and the Details tab.

Perhaps, it has to do with your hard drive. You could move NeroVision.exe. Copy/paste it; rename "NeroVision.exe" to whatever; rename "NeroVision - Copy.exe" to "NeroVision.exe". (Or, maybe just remove and reinstall Nero 2014).

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• My version was 15.0.12.0

updated to 15.0.13.0

and start nerovision open existing project
    going to edit same problem
    restarted nerovision one more time worked
    I have to live with it I guess since I reinstalled it already before
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• As Omega Tester suggested, you can send an e-mail to tech support with the nerosupport.cab file.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Just as a matter of interest I am experiencing similar problems as above. I open an existing project and no photos, videos or music(samples or own) appear in the content window. The only thing that appears in one of the video tracks is the text items for that project. Even if I open a saved project and press edit the same thing happens. I have been a user of Nero for many years and have not experienced this problem in the past. When it feels like it, Nero will open correctly but not often. A very frustrating situation.
    I have had a support ticket in with Nero since 31October but have heard nothing.
    It seems to me that Nero 14 is a "Bandaid job" drawing on various content from previous versions to operate. Will take a decision as to future use of the programme when and if I hear back from Nero.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Like most of these kinds of problems, they're system specific.

Since you reported the problem on Thursday, you shouldn't expect a technical response until at least Tuesday.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I am having EXACTLY the same problem as Mike Merei. I have imported several videos into a new project. Windows 7 pro 64 bit, existing video worked on and saved before with Nero Video 2014.

When I open it with Nero 2014 on the main screen, I can play the video (see following picture)

But when I go to edit the video, it disappears. (see next picture).

Neither can I insert any video of any type or format. I go to the dialog box to select a video, click OK (see next picture) and NOTHING HAPPENS!

The above information surely illustrates the problem. Because of this basic flaw, at present the product is unusable.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• According to a Nero employee, an update to Nero Video is coming, although he didn't say when. It wouldn't hurt to send an e-mail to tech support just to let them know it's not an isolated case.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I can relate to your problem. (Alan Coulthard)
    I last wrote to techsupport on 8Nov but have not been afforded the courtesy of a reply.
    I may be able to give you an answer if you tell me if the following applies to your situation.
    Do you have Nero installed on a PC and Laptop under the same license and those machines work on a network?
    Movie1
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If you haven't received a reply to an e-mail to tech support in around 3-5 business days, either they probably didn't get it or their response was handled as spam by your e-mail system. You can ask about it either at the chat or send them another e-mail.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m pissed off
    Still no response from Nero. This is a fairly fatal bug in the software. I have reported this to Tech Support, have had no response whatsoever. When a video editing application fails to save videos, the product becomes USELESS!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Alan
    It is common practice for Software companies to allow you to install a programme on a PC and a Laptop as long as you don't use both at the same time. Not so for Nero. It now insists, one purchase a second license which at the price offered is exorbitant and does not represent value for money for what it does. Prior to finding out this information, I had Nero on both machines with pictures/videos on a network drive for ease of access and this is where all the problems as you have experienced started. Previously, I was not aware of their license requirements. Despite sending Techsupport a dump file and not receiving a solution to the problem I continued to try and resolve the issue. I uninstalled Nero from the Laptop after finding out their requirements which has appeared to solve the problem.
    It appears that Nero is more concerned with ensuring licences are purchased rather than the performance of the software. To substantiate this comment I make the following observations.
    Updates will now only download once to the one license.
    If you happen to have Nero on more than one machine the software is obviously programmed to search networks and then completely foul up your workflow.
    Nero changed the name Nero Vision to Nero Video but tracking the file location from the desktop icon will lead you to the application icon for Nero Vision.
    The content pack sits in a folder for Nero 11. (May well reside in 14 if you uninstalled all other versions. Why would you?)
    Backup facility has been removed from the package.
    PiP does not work properly.
    I agree with you that there seems to be serious problems. If I have the wrong slant on the situation then I apologize but no doubt like many users we are not software experts and can only observe what does not work.
    I must point out that I have no objection to them requiring purchase of a second license or whatever other changes they desire to make, but to enforce these without more obvious advice to customers is unpalatable. Above all the total package must represent value for money and I do not consider an upgrade price of $70 plus $84 for a second license value for money. I have been a customer for many years but no longer, unless there are changes.
    I have now moved to competitors package which offers many more features for video preparation and costs a fraction of the price.
    Movie1
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Alan,
    Apparently you haven ́t received the e-mail that TechSupport sent you on Dezember the 2nd. Please check your spam Folder, maybe it has landed there. To analyze the problem, and try to reproduce it here, we will need to get in contact with the NeroVideo Log files and some other information on your Nero version and system. This is why TechSupport requested a new NeroSupport.cab file. Could you please send this file to the following e-mail Address: techsupport@nero.com
    Please make sure that you write "Forum" on the e-mail subject, and copy a link to this Forum topic.
    We saw that you have sent us a NeroSupport.cab file before, but this is an old file, and doesn ́t include the needed log files. This is why we are asking you to do this again. Please make sure that you rerproduce the problem once before executing the GetSupportFiles file, so we can be sure that the latest Nero VIdeo log files are collected.
    Here you wll find the steps to create this file using the GetSupportFiles file:
    http://www.nero.com/eng/support/#n201...:

Thank you!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

No, I didn't receive the email that TechSupport claim to have sent to me. as an email administrator, I am well aware of spam and junk folders, and it has not arrived there. I have complied with your request and await the outcome.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m cautiously optimistic
    I have installed the update released today. I have ran Nero Video on the example project that I was experiencing massive problems with and the videos have reappeared! Fingers crossed, the update has resolved the issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Alan,
    Thank you for your feedback!
    Mike, how is it for you? Still having problems after the updates?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm