Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

no STASHIMI music recorder with NERO 2016 platinum !

recently I downloaded NERO 2016 platinum and the stashimi music recorder came with the download , but when I went to launch the software for the stashimi music recorder all I got was that I must have a working internet connection to use the stashimi music recorder . well to download NERO 2016 platinum I have a working internet connection , so why no stashimi music recorder . by the way I have the music recorder activation code 4wd---------- so why no stashimi music recorder .I can always delete NERO 2016 platinum and the stashimi music recorder and demand a full refund . so NERO please sort this problem for me , for I know you can do it . thank you in advance .
GERARDNICHOLSON@EIRCOM.NET
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • Hi Gerard,

What happens when you try this site ... and enter your email address to start the download?

http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads/

NEW! Music Recorder Premium
    Listen to and record from more than
    100k radio stations world-wide.

musicrecorder-stub-xx-18302.exe (2.16MB (2260856B) MB)

Version Details (musicrecorder-stub-xx-18302.exe)
    Version: 18302
    Release Date: Wed Jul 6 2016
    File Size: 2.16MB (2260856B)
    MD5 Checksum: 492e56791247bafa09734d28c1322528

If the download does not start ... does this one work? ...

http://ftp22.nero.com//oem/Stashimi/m...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• If you use IE, open the internet options, Advanced. Is TLS enabled? You might check that in whatever browser you're using. I used IE as an example.

By the way, it's no longer called Stashimi, it's just the Music Recorder. Perhaps you might go to nero.com, downloads and download/install Music Recorder Premium.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I just upgraded to Nero Platinum 2017. Installation went fine, but when I try to install Music Recorder Premium I get hit with a notice that I need to have an internet connection. I'm connected with 90 megs d/l. Stopping Avast and Malwarebytes has no effect - installation of Music Recorder Premium will not proceed. What do I do next?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I have exactly the same problem. I purchased Nero Platinum 2017 and got the Music Recorder as a bonus offer. The installation of Nero Platinum was without any problem. However, when I want to install the Music Recorder, I receive an error message that an internet connection is required. However, the internet connection is definitely working very well. I turned off then my Kaspersky Total Security and also turned off Windows Firewall. However, the problem persisted.

The problem is definitely not related to the browser software. The installation does not start from within the browser, and no browser is needed at all for the installation.

As a matter of fact, the installer tries to download the latest version, and then it fails. I assume that the installer tries to connect to a server that is down. Hence, not a lot we can do at our end. But the Nero guys should mobilize the emperor to turn on the server. I attach a pic of the error message:

UOB
    • I was having the same problem. Notice says "please check proxy and firewall settings". When I checked my proxy settings, I found the problem.
      Go to Internet Properties. Click Connections, look near bottom for Lan settings. Click Lan settings, if use a proxy server is checked...uncheck it and click Automatically detect settings.then click OK, and close IP properties window. Retried installation. worked great
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thanks, Wither, for the link to the Music Recorder support request site. I already sent my description and asked for help. I keep the forum here posted about any news.

UOB
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Ok, here is an update and probably the solution. I received an email from the Music Recorder support team. It said: "Please check your installed program for Video Downloader. If you do, please close or exit that program and try Music Recorder again."

Apparently, there is some interference between Music Recorder and the Video Downloader Ultimate, which is also distributed together with Nero Platinum 2017.

As a matter of fact, I had the Video Downloader Ultimate installed as well. Then, to be on the safe side, I completely uninstalled the Video Downloader Ultimate. Thereafter, the installation of Music Recorder was successful, without any hickup! Later on, I re-installed Video Downloader Ultimate without any problem.

So, I thought the problem was solved. However, it is only partially solved. As soon as I start Video Downloader Ultimate and it is running in the background, the Music Recorder does not work anymore. I.e. it cannot connect to the server, and no radio stations are shown. Only if I exit from Video Downloader Ultimate, the radio stations come immediately back again, and the Music Recorder can connect to the server again.

Hence, it seems that there is serious interference between the "best" Music Recorder and the Video Dowloader "Ultimate".

I am a bit puzzled by such interference of two otherwise independent programs. It gives me the impression of poor programming.

While I am able to handle this situation with some precaution, I recommend the software developers to eliminate such interference between the Music Recorder and the Video Downloader Ultimate. I also gave such feedback to the Music Recorder support team.

Hope this clarifies the situation and helps others as well.

UOB

P.S. If you don't like the trouble of switching forth and back between Music Recorder and Video Downloader Ultimate, you might want to install the Firefox add-on "Video DownloadHelper". I found this quite useful.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks so much for reporting back. Very useful information. Also, thanks for passing the continuing interference back to tech support.

I have the Music Recorder installed but not Video Downloader. Otherwise, I might have experienced the same problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• After I complained to the Music Recorder support team about "poor programming", I received the following reply:

"Unfortunately, Video Downloader is not our program therefore, there is nothing we can do on our end."

So, it seems that there is interference between the two programs, but one side cannot do anything. Probably, we shall check with the Video Downloader support team. However, I am afraid the come back with the same answer and might say that they are not in charge of Music Recorder.... Then, the customer is left alone with an incompatibility. Ultimately, only the Nero guys might be able to sort this out, since the distribute both programs...

In any case, I stick to my comment that apparently there is some poor programming in either Music Recorder or Video Downloader or both....

For the time being, the solutions are:
    - Don't use Music Recorder and Video Downloader simultaneously
    - Or don't use Video Downloader at all. There are plenty of alternatives.

I might go for the second option...
    • view 1 more comment
    • I don't think they own the rights for these products. However, I would assume if they distribute them as a bundle and together with Nero 2017, they should have tested them (together) - at least. Otherwise, it might also a negative impact on Nero's reputation...
    • Well, they changed the name of Stashimi to Music Recorder. I assumed they did that because they took over the former. If I look at Stashimi Inc., they have an office on Brand Ave. in Glendale CA. Interestingly, Nero also had (has) an office in Glendale. There is also a Nero Inc. which I believe is the same office. It's on Brand Ave. also, but with a different address number. I can't find anything similar for Video Downloader.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I was having the same problem. Notice says "please check proxy and firewall settings". When I checked my proxy settings, I found the problem.
    Go to Internet Properties. Click Connections, look near bottom for Lan settings. Click Lan settings, if use a proxy server is checked...uncheck it and click Automatically detect settings.then click OK, and close IP properties window. Retried installation. worked great
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thank you. That worked like a charm. Thank you for saving me hours of time and frustration. I had been trying to fix it, but nothing worked, until I found your post.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm