Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Platinum 2018 Media Home never stops "Loading ..."

New upgrade installation of Platinum 2018. [Nearly every upgrade I have problems]. Media Home "launches", reports "Loading ...", never stops "loading". I performed a NeroFirstAidKit uninstall (fix for many past problems). Re-installed. Same problem.
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • I’m frustrated
    Maybe you should do the same I did! Go to windows explorer. Type %Appdata% and find "Local"! Delete the folders "Nero" and "Nero_AG!

Start Nero Media Home again! You have to let it read all your photos, videos and music again! (Hope you haven ́t walked through all the faces and named them - It was a remark to the Nero folks too)!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• It sounds like he had either a drive (s) or partition in the Library. After renaming the folders, he should go to Options, Library and manually add the folders that he uses most frequently.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m silly
    Thanks all. Perhaps complicating I had my earlier 2016 on my "D" drive. This install I forgot to go off the standard install path and it went to "C" (a smaller SSD so I try to put applications on D. "Try" is the operative word with Windows. Maybe I'll back up and do it all again ...)

I first tried M.B.'s answer; quick, instructive (didn't know about the path / environment symbol %AppData%) and it worked. I'm up again. I have no pictures indexed, so I ill someday do "Wither's". RE: that response -- I did not understand, Withers: "After renaming the folders". What rename? No one mentioned renaming folders prior to your statement.

"Someday" I will do Withers. I'm more interesting in using MediaHome to simply import, loosely organize by date, and view. I find all of the further indexing "in the way" and extraordinary slow. Nero of several years ago, or even Win Exploder I get the thumbnails quickly. As for facial recognition or naming metadata, I could care less. If I've forgotten the face, it probably should remain forgotten. Big Brother might like the recognition feature, though.

Danke sehr again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yeh, I overlooked that Mogens said to delete those folders. Normally, we ask that a person rename them so that if it doesn't work, they can go back to the original folders.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm