Preview Window malfunction in Nero2014

The Preview window does not work in Nero2014 Version 15.0.1200. I am running a SONY Vaio with OS Windows 7, 4 Megs of RAM. The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600.

I have successfully used Nero Vision 9 to edit video, with no problem. Now, with Nero2014, No image appears when capturing video from my MiniDV camera. Only the very first frame of the captured video shows up when using the Preview window in the Content area, while adding Chapters. The image does not advance when the video is played, and stays on the very first frame no matter what. Once a chapter is created, the correct frame shows up as a thumbnail next to the chapter name in the right hand column. Kindly advise.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Click on Options, Application Settings, Editing. Checkmark the box to "enable Nero background rendering". Is that a good answer?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly

Poor people. Have you coonected the camera to your laptop the same way as under Nero 9, means via Firewire and have you at first tried "capturing to HDD" ?
    Which format do you use for storing, "Native" (AVI) or MPEG-2 ?

Sorry, I have DV-Minis but Nero 2014 not installed (from good reasons ;-( ).

I capture from DV-Minis to HDD with NeroVision of 10. No problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Wither: Checking the box "Enable Nero Background Rendering" caused the Preview window to work correctly in only one of the two problem areas: the Preview window now works CORRECTLY in the Advanced Editing area. HOWEVER, it still does not work properly in the Content area for creating chapters and titles. In that content area, it still only shows the first frame of the capture at all times. The audio plays correctly in the Content area, but the Preview window remains on the very first frame image while the audio plays.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

@ hg-dude: Yes, I captured the video to my hard drive the same way as under NERO 9, via Firewire. I capture in Native AVI. By the way, I just successfully burned a DVD in which I inserted chapters DESPITE not being able to see anything but the first frame in the Content area Preview window: because it was video of a music lesson on Skype, I was able to determine where to make Chapters by the audio only. Once I manually created a chapter, the thumbnail for the chapter showed up in the right of the screen under the chapter name. After I created all the chapters, I burned the DVD, and played it with working chapter menus on my Blue-Ray player.

So you see, I do not believe that the problem is with the video capture, as the ONLY thing not working in Nero is the preview window. The program is able to recognize the capture file and perform all edits and menu/chapter creation, and produce a working DVD. It will be impossible to know where to put chapters without a working Preview window for any OTHER type of clip that does not involve a music lesson.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• At least we got it partially working. There was a problem with this in v11 but it was fixed via an update.

Please go to the Nero ControlCenter and run the check for updates. The version I have for v14 Nero Video is 15.0.1300.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

SOLUTION ! ! ! Updates says I am current.

However, I believe I found the solution. I had reconfigured the temporary files to an external hard drive. I went back into Options and Application Settings and reset all temporary files to the internal hard drive, the C drive. The Preview window now works properly in both Capture and in Advanced Editing, including the Content area wherein Chapters are created. All is well!

Thank you all for your help with this!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I'm glad you figured it out. I would have never come up with that. There was a problem with that way back in v11 (I believe).

I still don't understand the version discrepancy. Maybe it depends on whether you're using the standard or Platinum version.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm