Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Problem with Nero Platinum 2017

Hello,

I want to inform you that I can't use my Nero Platinum 2017 software (my computer is running W10 version 1803).

The software installs well ... but:

• Can't update it because a message tells me that Nero Update is not installed
• Any DVD burning test ends with a failure and the DVD is ejected (I have the error message issued by Nero, which I can send to you by email).
• I have been uninstalling and reinstalling the software 3 times without any improvements.

Thank you for helping me solve this problem ...

1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hello,
    To be more precise, I have:
    - cleaned the register
    - searched and deleted all "nero" in AppData and Windows
    - used "NeroFirstAidKit" as well as "General-CleanTool"
    - restarted my PC
    Turned off Windows Defender and attempted an installation as an administrator ...... nothing works, always the same message (see the attached image) that appears
    Since then, I try in vain to reinstall it ... WITHOUT SUCCESS .....
    Where is the rest of Nero ???
    An idea:?: THANK YOU and @ ++++
    PS: W10 Version 1803 (operating system version 17134. 407)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hello,

Here is Nero's answer from yesterday:

"Mrs ,

If the problem persists, this is due to the fact that there are certainly traces of older versions of Nero or previous installation.
    Please uninstall Nero again using the First Aid Kit tool and then at the end of cleaning please:

- Restart the PC
    - Delete all remaining traces of Nero (file s, folders, and especially registry keys) either manually or through a dedicated application such as CCleaner for example.

Important note: If there is any trace of Nero (file folder or registry keys) the problem may re-occur.

Do not hesitate to let us know if the problem is solved. On the other hand, if it persists, it is very likely that there is a problem with the Windows system (missing / corrupted files) or that a third-party program is preventing Nero from working properly.
    In this case, we invite you to restore your computer to its original state. "

Since I have already done everything, I expect either the 1809 ... or the next restoration! and do not put this post as resolved ...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hello,

I have already done ALL that you tell me and completely reset my computer.

The problem is still there, except that burning on CD and DVD is possible, but that on rewritable DVD always ends on failure ....
    I do not understand..

Thanks a lot
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hello,

Sorry, but after several tries, it turns out that my HP computer has a problem, because I installed Nero software on my ASUS laptop and it works perfectly ...

So the problem is solved

Have a good day..
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm