Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Re: Order 105789562 dated 2019-10-04 for Nero Platinum Suite - Your request could not be handled in time.

Here is the solution for my problem!

Hello,

We are working hard to improve the support experience for you every day. But unfortunately your request could not be handled in time.
If your question or problem is still prevelant, please consider looking through our Nero knowledge base for useful information and help on the most common topics.
You can also open a new ticket there to move up in line.

Nero Knowledge Base

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Your Nero Support Team

That the "Memory Stick" was not mailed to me when I purchased NERO Platinum 2020 cannot be tracked on 'Nero Knowledge Base'.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi, I have forwarded this topic internally and expect someone will come back to you. I you hear nothing within one week I would recommend that you file another ticket here: https://nerosupport.freshdesk.com/en/...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thanks to you all; seems the issue is on the way to be solved. Received the following mail today.

Hello Shyamal,

I have forwarded your shipping request to the hardware department. Your product should arrive within the next 10 business days.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards,

Gerrit
    Nero Support Team
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thanks for letting us know the problem is resolved.

Enjoy!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Sad to return here. It is march 3 today and I am still patiently waiting.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks, received the memory stick today. Screen-shot of the contents attached. Just curious to know and learn about this NERO Platinum – 21.0.01500.exe. If downloaded, will the download hamper my existing NERO Platinum 2020 with perpetual license? Do I have to uninstall NERO 2020 and reinstall from the memory stick?

Further as I have complained, everything is running satisfactorily from the NERO 2020 Start, excepting “NERO CoverDesigner” which does not respond at all. So far, no solution has been provided. Will NERO Platinum – 21.0.01500.exe download rectify this?

Shyamal Ray
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I can only guess that the 21.0.01500.exe is the installer for v2020. All I have is the stub installer. If it is, it would just install on top of your existing installation. I don't know if it would fix CoverDesigner.

Have your tried downloading and installing CoverDesigner from nero.com, downloads? i don't see a thread where you talked about it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The NERO Platinum 2020 in my computer was installed from the application Nero_2020-22.0.00900.exe. Is this 21.0.01500.exe, a back dated application? Can someone inform me?

Yes, my complain for “Cover Designer” was recorded quite a few months ago, Ticket Received - Cover Designer dated Sat., Oct. 5, 2019 at 9:04 a.m

I have uninstalled & reinstalled NERO 2020 and also the Cover Designer a few times but failed to resolve the issue. A NERO Support CAB was created and forwarded over cloud.

NERO promised to investigate my computer remotely, hence installed certain applications such as Team Viewer provided by NERO. Time for remote operation was provided a few times and I was always diligently present at the computer late at night. Sadly, Penny Chen of Nero Support Team never visited! Understand the issue is still open but have received no response beginning 2020.

There definitely is an issue with “Cover Designer” for NERO 2020. I am still waiting for the innovative development to overcome the issue. As I informed NERO Support Team, that I am trying to give feed back for future improvement rather than complaining.

“Dear Shyamal Ray,

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a ticket has been created.
    A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response.(usually within 48 hours).

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
    Nero Support Team

Hello Shyamal,
    There will be only one Nero CoverDesigner for both Nero 2019 and Nero 2020. And it installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero CoverDesigner. Could you find it?
    Can you launch it by click CoverDes.exe under this folder?
    Thanks for your support.

Best Regards
    Penny Chen
    Nero Support Team
    On Tue, 19 Nov at 10:02 PM , Shyamal Ray wrote:
    Penny Chen
    Nero Support Team

I have retrieved and managed to save the NERO SUPPORT CAB in the Cloud Folder and shared with you from my hotmail. Please confirm if you have received the attachment and it serves the purpose.

Shyamal Ray”
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• It could be that one installer is for a subscription and the other for a permanent license.

I have asked Nero about both problems. Since it's the weekend, we may not hear back until at least Monday.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Hi Shyamal, I have asked Penny to rec-check your two tickets and come back to you via email. I hope everything can be resolved soon.

@Wither 1: Thx a lot for notifying me about the issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Shyamal- please fill me in on the outcome regarding the two issues.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thanks for informing. Will wait.

Can I try out 21.0.01500.exe that was provided in the memory stick?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• March 13 requested me to send details, which I have promptly mailed the next day. But have not heard from them yet.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Can guess the NERO Customer Service Centre is based in China and considering current circumstances will have to wait for situation to normalize.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I raised the topic again, this time directly with engineering. I hope to see some progress soon. BTW, the support team is located in Germany and China, and all are well and either working from home or from the office. Stay well...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The service centre that was dealing with the "Cover Designer" problem I reported is in China. As the times scheduled for remote sessions were late night Eastern Time and they did mention the time difference.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Nero Support Team is now in contact with me. I was asked, “Can I remotely access to your computer directly at 9~11 AM (our time)”? They tried accessing the computer through Team Viewer. It seems I have to keep the Team Viewer and the Computer now running 24 hours for a few days.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Last night between 9:00 & 9:30 PM (North American) Eastern Time, Nero Support Team accessed my computer remotely and now I can confirm that the CoverDesigner is responding and functioning normally. The operation was completed swiftly. It was not necessary for me to be present at the computer, though I was present at times but did not interfere or interrupt the activity. As I witnessed it seemed a complicated operation. I am neither a computer geek nor a software expert, hence unable to share what occurred. I had complained about the issue around early November 2019 just after installing NERO Platinum 2020. Yes, I do possess all NERO Platinum Suites from 2014 to 2019. However, after installing NERO Platinum 2020 none of the previous ones are in operation but all music, videos, picture files have been transferred automatically.

During the last few months, I was provided with the application to reinstall CoverDesigner. As advised, I uninstalled & again reinstalled Nero 2020 & the CoverDesigner a few times without any result. Meantime, I provided NERO with NERO Support Cab that is created in Zip File format but too large to be emailed, hence shared it with the help of MS One Drive. It seems to me, NERO possibly improved on the CoverDesigner technology and now reinstalled it again.

My computer is Windows 10 (64-bit) – Nero 2020 is (32-bit). NERO Platinum 2020 is functioning in a wonderful manner, specifically NERO Media Home. I will not purchase anymore upgraded versions but will pay a small reasonable amount to update into the future.

Just sharing another experience about Windows 10 that blocks most of the valid & legal videos, DVD’s, Blue-Rays I possess – procured from Time – Life, Amazon & so on. Hence, I had to purchase a separate external video or DVD player where I can open them with the help of NERO Media Home. However, DVD’s, CD’s I had burned & prepared with help of NERO & MS, cannot be played back even on the external player, they just cannot be opened. I still manage to open them on a Windows 7 laptop. All videos & music saved in the external hard-drive and memory-sticks are accessible – I just have no explanation. Everything is more commercial than security & protection!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad the problem is resolved.

Don't really want to deviate from the purpose of this thread but what do you mean that the older versions are no longer in operation?

Also, if you want to pursue the playback issue, your might go to tenforums.com and ask there. I know that anti-virus on some systems cause that problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Each of the older version had a Nero Launcher, that does not launch any more, other applications such as Nero Media Home, Nero Burning ROM etc. still exists. On clicking they open but finally fail to launch. I have preserved them out of some fear, as long as Nero 2020 operates, they are no more relevant.

Thanks for informing about the playback issue, I will try to access tenforums.com
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The latest Nero Media Home will overwrite all previous versions back to v10 (it might be v11) so it can't be launched from the older versions. You'll get a message that it can't open the database.

For CoverDesigner, WaveEditor and SoundTrax, the latest version will launch when you try to open them in v11 and later.

I found that the v2020 Nero Launcher will open when you try to open it from v2019 and all the apps will be for v2020. I didn't check it for v2016 through v2018. V2015 and earlier, will launch their own version since the Nero Launcher (Welcome) is in their respective folders.

However, for v2019 and earlier, I find that all the other individual apps will open when one runs their respective .exe files. Not sure why they don't launch on your system.

Let me know when you post in the Win 10 forum and where you post.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You're welcome.

By the way, I just checked v2016 thru v2018 and they're unaffected by the installation of V2020 on my Win 7 system. I think the effect of v2020 on v2019 is related to the subscription service in that, if one has a subscription to v2019 and v2020 comes out, one doesn't need v2019 anymore and you get the latest changes. On the other hand, all my licenses are permanent so I'm not sure why that happens to me. I asked Nero about that back in December but I submitted it when they had changed to the newest method of submitting problems. I never did submit it again.

One thing I didn't mention before is that, if you have v2015 and earlier, they're not compatible with Win 10. As a result, you may have to run them in the appropriate compatibility mode. Some people don't have to do that and others do. Can't explain that.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm