I’m frustrated

Repeatedly Insufficient System Resources 2015 Platinum (Video App).(16.00.4000)

Repeatedly Insufficient System Resources 2015 Platinum (Video App).(16.00.4000)

I'm Getting Frequent "Insufficient System Resources to complete the action” message with the request to reduce complexity of the project.
I could finally deduce the problem in to a very simple project just trying to concatenate some video clips. (Using no effects or whatever at all). Sometimes it appears after a number of merging sequences. (x times merging y small clips in a MP4 export). Error typically occurs when Export has successfully concluded and the window returns to the edit Screen. Seems that restoring the Preview in the preview window then fails. (Preview area shows empty). Clicking away the messages (2x) gives the edit mode (with empty preview area).
Removing single clip provokes error again (As Preview Pointer Moves) I can remove all the clips from time line but when adding one do get same message again (As agin a Preview Update is expected) .
Closing the app and saving the project , then restating it with same project restores proper preview windows and can successfully export again for a number of times until next error appears. So it does not seems to related to project complexity as it tells in the message (And I think I have resources enough, Win8a x64, 32 Gbyte Ram, nvidea 344.48 Some TB of disk space).
-- A good helping hint might be: While Experimenting I Did find out that if my export directory does contain a huge amount of clips ( 2000 +) most with long descriptive filenames and upon export I navigate into that to choose the export file name, I can provoke the error immediately. (Always did get the system resources message). Export of same project in new empty folder did succeed without any problem... So seems there are some resource leeks and some boundaries not properly handled inside the latest 2015 Video application... Hopefully this gets fixed soon as it is very annoying and I did never see that problem in the 2014 version ...
4 people have
this problem
+1
  • Hi Gymwood-

If you think there's a problem with 2015, then you should send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com.

You said you have "TB of disk space". However, have you tried running the Windows Disk Cleanup utility to clean out temporary files (you would have to select the latter after it tells you how much space it can clean up) and Rebooted. I wouldn't think that fragmentation would be an issue on a large drive. I assume your C: drive is a HDD and not a SSD.

I'm curious about the fact that it works if you don't export to a folder with many other clips.
    This sounds like a Windows problem.

However, the fact that you get an error message about resources after the export is completed, tends to indicate a graphics or memory problem. I just finished exporting a 45 minute file and had no problem and I only have 4 Gb of DDR2 RAM. The folder I exported to only has a few files in it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hi Wither,

Thanks for your reply. Will Send a mail to techsupport (Was assuming they were monitoring this forum for problems as well... Maybe wrong of me ;-(
    My C drive is an SSD, the Import & export drives are HDD (2 x 1.5TB Raid1 Set) or a standalone 2 TB HDD. Trying to get a grip on what’s going on, I’m pretty sure disk space & fragmentation or alike are not the issue. No problem with large Files exports experienced as well so far... .

I have large amounts of movie fragments that I keep in a library folder with long descriptive titles to find content back... I had no problems in 2014 filling this library folder with new exports. After installing 2015 Platinum, I could suddenly not export anything anymore (Always that resource message)... Seems Like 2015 it could not link to the video driver for the preview window... (Updated to the Latest 344.48 but did not solve things (did make it even worse in the sense I lost CUDA encoding support no longer native in the 340.xx drivers end NERO did not yet implement the new NVENC interface even in the 2015 – But That’s another Issue -- ...))

After lots of experimenting it does not seem that it has to do with any Video complexity problem. So the message is misleading. Looks more that the loading of all the file titles in the export file selection screen does cause some memory overloads in the app. This is at least a way to immediately provoke the error. If the destination library folder is somewhat less filled, the problem occurs only after a couple of exports... To the memory LEAK seems to build up over a number of exports resulting in the same problem... Restarting the App and repeating the SAME failing exports then succeeds correctly...

As the error started right after upgrading 2014 to 2015 in the same machine / environment it looks more APP then direct Windows related...
    This should help the tech guys to debug the issue.

I'll Trigger them by Mail as per your sugestion.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• How large is the C: drive? I suggested doing a clean up earlier on the C: because that's where Nero puts temporary files, unless you specifically tell it to put them elsewhere. Since it's a SSD, a person needs to make sure garbage collection is working as well as the Trim. I don't know what Win 8a is but Win 8 is supposed to automatically run the Trim.

Another possible issue is where virtual memory is created. If it's on a small C: that could be a problem. Just don't know enough about SSDs. I don't have one.

Are you, by any chance, running Virtu?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• - C: is 128GB, (Only OS + Programs on there – No User Data) -- 40+ GB Free
    - Did not Redirect Nero Temp files, but Folder is empty (Nothing left behind)
    - SDD configured Ok with TRIM etc...
    - Win8a = Windows 8 with Win8 Update 1 pack installed (+All Latest Updates)
    - Not sure what you refer to by "Virtu" (If it is about virtualization : I don't used it).

As per above: There is no problem with the actual Exports as such. It is typically AFTER the successful export that re-displaying the preview area of the edit window fails like if it cannot address the video driver resources to do so... . I expect if I keep out navigating to the huge Library folders and let the auto naming proceed I maybe could avoid the error t occur as well... Need to test on that to proof my previous theory of above about memory boundary being exceed internally.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• On systems using Intel CPUs with graphics capability, the latter won't be available if a monitor is attached to a discrete graphics card rather than the integrated graphics. Virtu is a piece of software which overcomes this limitation.

The default path for Nero Video temporary files is-

C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\Temp\NeroVideo.

All files that you import are also copied to your hard drive in

C:\Users\"user name"\Documents\NeroVideo\ImportedVideo
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Thanks for claryfying on virtu -- I don't use that (My 2 monitors are both attached to the GTX670) (LucidLogix Virtu MVP Not recommended to be used under RAID - Ref ASUS MB Note)
    I was aware of temp file locations and as said not suspected part of the problem.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The temp files can be a real problem, especially if they cause the disc to be fragmented and it's relatively small. There is also the issue of how much virtual memory is allocated and where it's allocated. I run the Disk Cleanup and reboot periodically, even if the space it can recover is small compared to the size of the C: drive. I also have Windows set to automatically defrag on a regular basis. I don't know if defrag will work on a SSD.

ASUS may not recommend using Virtu in the RAID configuration you have but, depending on the CPU you have, Windows may not be using the CPU graphics capability.

I recommend that you get tech support involved, as suggested in my first response.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• -Techsupport was mailed few days ago. Unfortunately not ay response so far (Not even a confirmation of receipt)

--Others are not problem related (I think) – But my Feedback:
    -with 32 GB RAM there should be hardly need for Virtual Memory Swapping. Just Checked Memory load while MP4 Exporting is typical around 21% (6.8 out of 31.9 Used) ;-)
    (And there is an 8BG pagefile available for emergencies ... but supposedly not used much).
    -SSD should never be DEFRAGGED as it would wear out the Flash cells and shortens SSD lifetime. (Due to nature (block Updates) on how Flash Drives Operate).
    -I Mostly depend on de CUDA cores on the nVidea GTX670 so I don’t think I’m missing out much on the (much weaker) integrated intel HD4000 GPU core in my i7-3770K CPU...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• The benefit of Virtu is that it enables Intel QuickSync when the system is set up as yours. Elsewise, QuickSync is not available. I think QuickSync is available on your CPU. Of course, the major benefit is derived when doing things like encoding video.

Yeh, let's wait to see what tech support has to say.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I also get the error message "Not enough resources"
    It happens while I am editing a title file. Or adding a music track. Or inserting additional slides, or using effects.
    While my project is very large. And as it grew, I got more of these error messages.
    Often I get the message that Nero has experienced a serious problem and must close. Then it says Nero has stopped working.
    Rebooting and returning to the edit screen allows the changes to appear and work until more edits are done.

As an experiment, I reduced the complexity of a abridged copy the project. This much smaller and simpler version also got these errors.

What is wrong?
    thank you
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well, I was having the ( not enough resources ) in the nero vision video editor 2015 coming up all the time. I am running windows 10, 64bit with only 12gigs of ram, but I now work on huge video projects and have had 4 video audio tracks open with no problems. when previously I had problems with just one video audio track open. the problem was not in windows or the computer. I just made 2 simple adjustments in the nero vision editor software. First, at the top left corner there is the play back window for the video you are working on, at the bottom edge of the window there are a row of icons, looking from left to right, the first icon controls play back quality, click on it, you can select low, medium, or high for the play back quality. mine was set at high I changed it to low. this does not effect the quality of the final video you create, it only effects what you see in the play back window while you are working on your video project but I could not see any real difference. Second, at the top right corner of the screen click on the ( options ) pull down menu, select application settings then
    in the widow that comes up select ( editing ) then click the box that says ( enable nero background rendering ) give it a few minutes I think it needs to convert high quality thumb nails or files in the video timeline to low. then the low resources problems are gone. SO, in short the answer is set play back quality to LOW for the editor play back window and enable nero background rendering However, I am not sure having nero background rendering not enable contributed to the problem I enabled it anyway.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm