Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Saving Edited Video in Nero Video 2018

I have Nero Video 2018.

My Drone shoots video in MPEG4_H264 1920x1080 16:9 29.97fps Progressive 23.58 Mbps.

I've edited a few videos, but am unsure what is the best format to save them. I tried a few of the preloaded profiles, but all of the .MP4 selections lower the quality of the output.

What are my best choices to save the video so it matches the input quality? I'd like it if the quality and format were untouched/uncompressed.
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Matthew-

If you're exporting the project and selecting mpeg-4 format, it should automatically detect the aspect ratio and the resolution of your video. If not, you can select Configure for the mpeg-4 profile and change the settings to match your video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• You can also save in MP4 (MPEG4-AVC, which gives you the choice in Nero Video to use hardware acceleration). After pressing on Export, in 'Format' choose AVC, in 'Profile' choose AVC.

In 'Configure' you can select the frame rate, resolution, bit rate (kbps aka kbit/s), progressive, etc.

In Nero Video the bit rate is in Kbps (Kbit/s). To convert from Mbps, use the converter in this link:

https://www.gbmb.org/mbps-to-kbps

23.58 Mbps = 23580 kbps

So in Nero Video, whether you export to AVC or AVCHD/Blu-ray, you input 23580 for kbit/s to match the quality of your source video.

Also, in Nero Video 2018, when exporting to AVCHD/Blu-ray, in 'Configure', in 'Quality', you can select 'source quality' to match the quality of the source video.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated