Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

Slides in Nero Platunum 2016 Blurry

Slides become blurry when exiting Edit Mode in Nero Video 2016 - Recently upgraded to Nero Platinum 2016 and attempted to create a slide show of my daughter's and her husband's visit to Disney World with our grandchildren. As shown below in my review, I incurred slide (picture) quality problems every time I exited the Edit Mode and did receive responses from Lucky Phil, Omega Tester and Lixitus when I first reported this which I gratefully used but the problem is not resolved. I'll review here in case there is something else I can do.
Opened Nero and selected Nero Video.
Checked Recording Format Option and General was NTSC with Smart Encoding at automatic and DVD-Video was Video Format at MPEG-2, Aspect Ratio at Automatic, Notion-Adaptive deinterlacing checked, Quality setting at High Quality, Encoding quality fine tuning at Quality and Encoding Mode at High Quality (2-Pass VBR).
Selected "Make Slide Show"
The drop down window on picture quality was set at highest quality
Checked Options with Recording Format having Video mode at NTSC and Smart Encoding at Automatic. Movie Options showed HDTV Full HD 16:9, Frame Rate at 60i (29.97 fps) and Audio at Stereo.
Imported three pictures only that are the same size and resolution (to test if different picture sizes were causing the problem) and placed them on the Video/Picture Time Line and all three showed excellent quality in the preview window.
Selected "Next" which took me out of the Edit Mode and I checked Recording Format Options which showed NTSC and Smart Encoding at Automatic.
Selected "Create A Disc - DVD - DVD-Video
A window popped up with the following: "The setting for the selected recording format does not match the settings of the previously edited movie. An automated readjustment can be made, but please note that it would cause the timeline to be recalculated. Nero video cannot undo this step. Do you still want to readjust the movie?"
Selecting "No" prevents moving on to burn the movie on a DVD and selecting "Yes" takes you to the "Create and arrange titles for your project" screen and the quality of the slides noticeably drops in the preview window. Moving on to the screen just before the burn screen where you can preview the slide show continues to show a significant drop of quality in the slides. I previously burned a DVD which recorded the same lack of quality.
I did redo the complete slide show in Windows Movie Maker which maintained excellent slide quality throughout the development process (like in the Edit Mode of Nero Video) and burned it to a DVD with a trial version of a burning software and the resulting DVD also contained excellent slide quality. I don't want to go that way having worked with Nero through several years. I am in touch with Nero Tech Support on this having sent screen shots, etc. and awaiting their response. It seems the problem is the settings per the popup window but at a loss. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hello Dick,
    It sounds like you are doing everything right in regards to settings, I wonder what resolution your input pictures were?

DVD video will reduce the resolution down to 720 x 480 just as a result of the DVD technology itself?

I can't explain why other software would give you far better results, so there might be something going wrong within Nero video... I would very much like to see what Nero Tech support comes up with ...

Just one other thing ... do you still get the same poor quality with "SmartEncoding" turned off?
    • Haven't paid much attention to NTSC for years but I remember it was always a problem in the old CRT days.
      Thinks: 16:9 in NTSC DVD is; I guess, 720x405 with black at the top & bottom. If Dick cropped to 1920x1080 (Full HD), the software would have to reduce the picture to one seventh of its size (2,073,600 px to 291,600). What with that and MPEG2's lossy compression, the photos would lose most of their definition.
      If, instead, he used what Nero describes as "HDTV Normal" (which is 4:3) to crop, the result would be even worse.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Hi Dick, could you please play both DVDs (the one from Nero Video and the one from Windows Movie Maker) in Nero MediaHome on you PC and do a screenshot and post it here? This would help a lot to understand the problem. Something like this:
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• I’m thankful
    Things finally came together; don't know how or when. I was in the process of getting the screenshots Employee requested and realized that when I burned a DVD of the slideshow developed by Nero, the quality came close to that of the slideshow when in Edit Mode. Hesitant to go back and burn another (thought I might have done something unknowingly) I did and again a good DVD. Thrilled!!!! Maybe a combination of working with all the settings from all of your suggestions and even finally doing a reboot. Now have made three great slideshows to share with the family and most important, can continue working with Nero.

Thanks to all.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't understand how you have resolved your problem, i've the same issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm