I’m frustrated

The Media Home in 2015 Nero Plantium cannot show me subtitles.

Today, I installed Nero 2015 Platinum. However, I could not see any subtitles in a movie on my LG TV, which was streamed from my home desktop by the Media Home program included in the Nero 2015 Plantium.

Are there any users who experienced the same problem as I did?

Before installing the 2015 Platinum, I unstalled 2014 Platinum. Does it cause this problem?
2 people have
this problem
+1
  • In the playback screen, select More (green up arrow). There you can enable subtitles.

Does that help?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Well, I cannot find any option to enable subtitles in the More (green up arrow). There are Copy, Open in explorer, Editing Nero Video, Record Nero Record, Date and Time, Removing library, Rename option. I am not sure whether the Korean version of Nero 15 has a different menu.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• This option is shown in the More when you're playing back a video in NMH.

I have one disc with subtitles. When I click on "multilingual" and English on the disc options, the subtitles option is active and subtitles are displayed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I guess that you meant playing back the Blue-ray or DVD in NMH. However, I ‘d like to watch movies on TV by the network streaming function of NMH, which is a kind of DLAN. I have enjoyed watching movies, which are MP4 file formats in my PC, on TV by the NMH streaming function of 2014 Nero Platinum without any adjusting works. I am just required to put the smi files(subtitle files) into the same folder as MP4 files exist in my desktop.
    Moreover, playing back the mp4 files in NMH, the subtitles option is inactive even though smi and srt files exist in the same folders. I guess, the subtitle option is active only in playing the DVD or Blue-ray disk. Is that right? I am using Windows 8.1 64 bit.
    Yesterday, NMH shows me that upgrade is progressing and Prerequisite Installer 1.0 was installed. After that, my TV connected with NMH displays only music folder.
    Is this the problem happening only to me?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• A blu-ray disc would be played in the Nero Blu-Ray Player. Except for AVCHD-DVDs, DVDs are played in NMH.

Since NMH is common to v10-v15, I don't know why v14 would work and v15 wouldn't. NMH is installed during the installation of v15. In addition, I got a notice yesterday that an update to NMH was available and I elected to install it on the next NMH startup. It didn't say what the update was. I remember seeing the exact same thing in v14. I don't know why it would be the prerequisite installer since that's a separate installation.

Right now, streaming isn't an option for me because when I stream to my TV from NMH, it doesn't recognize any video or photo format. I need to talk to LG about that.

My suggestion would be to send an e-mail to techsupport@nero.com. Let us know what they have to say.

Maybe Mister_M will see this.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I sent the e-mail to Tech. I hope that M would know the problems seriously.
    Thanks anyway!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m disappointed
    Nero 2014 had no provision to edit or support subtitles and I see no provision for them in this version. This is the ONE thing that is glaringly lacking in this Nero software and it is a real disappointment that they are apparently not addressing it. I find it hard to believe that it is that much of a problem for them to handle.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited

• I’m frustrated
    Yes, I get the same problem with this updated to Nero MediaHome 2015 Platinum. I could not see any subtitles in my Viera Panasonic
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I wonder if Seung has gotten a response yet. The ability to play subtitles is available in NMH. However, for some reason my new LG TV won't play back video when I stream to it with NMH so I can't do any testing.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Actually, I described the Nero 2015 NMH problem of malfunction in playing subtitle. However, I was asked to show the detail information again. Actually, I already uninstalled the whole 2015 Nero Platinum package, and so, I am required to reinstall the 2015 Nero in order to show the NMH options. It should bother me. So, I am hesitate in sending the detail information, which Nero Tech asked me to send.

In the meantime, I tried to several tests. In my testing, the Nero 2015 NMH may be very sensitive to firewalls in PC. Only after finishing anti-virus program including the firewall, I can find the video and music folders streamed by 2015 NMH in my TV. Moreover, it is not the problem of the whole 2015 Nero Platinum package, but only Nero 2015 NMH itself. After returning to the NMH 2014 version, and updating the whole Nero 2014 Platinum package, I found that the 2014 NMH had been changed to 2015 NMH version automatically and could not stream subtitles to my LG TV again.
    For this reason, I am certain that every user using the NMH 2014 version should experience the same problem if he/she tries to update it. Any options in Nero is the default assigned automatically.

Are there anyone who can send the detail information of 2015 Nero NMH to Nero Tech(techsupport@nero.com) if you still stay the 2015 NMH in your PC?

This is the response from Tech of Nero.
    thank you for your e-mail.

The problem you describe can have several causes. As a result, we require specific information for further analysis.
    Please send us the following information:

1. A step-by-step description on how you proceeded.
    2. Several screenshots showing certain options in Nero MediaHome.
    3. Your network layout.
    4. The NeroSupport.cab log archive.

1. A step-by-step description on how you proceeded.
    Please explain in detail how you proceeded. What were you trying to do?

2. Several screenshots showing certain options in Nero MediaHome.
    Create several screenshots of the following options in Nero MediaHome so that we can see your settings:

- Shares
    - Network
    - Devices
    - Transcoding

3. Your network layout.

Describe how your network is structured.
    Do you use a W-LAN, LAN, or D-LAN network? What kind of devices do you use in your network (e.g. a router, modem etc.)? Do you use a firewall? If so, is it a software or hardware firewall?
    Which device do you use as your client to play the stream? (specify the type and brand of this device).

4. The NeroSupport.cab log archive.

Click the following link to download the "GetSupportFiles.zip" file to your hard drive:

http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking the EXE-file.
    -> The "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe" window opens.
    The tool may take several minutes.
    You can track the single steps in the displayed window.

After the tool has successfully run you will find a file named "NeroSupport.cab" on your desktop.

Please send us this file as an e-mail attachment.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Since NMH is common to Nero v10 through 2015 and you have v14 installed, just give them the information they requested. Explain to them what you did.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I just got a responding from Nero.

However, it does not show me the way to solve the problem.

The response is as followings;
    Within Nero 2015 the content will be transcoded into MPEG-2 format.

Your TV seem to support MPEG-4 (MP4) files directly.
    To Achieve this, you can uncheck the transcoding at the streaming options of Nero MediaHome.

This will stream the MP4 content directly to your TV which will enable the requested functionality again.

But we have to inform you that this will just show the subtitles which are already inside the MP4 files as additional subtitle-files are not supported at all.

Please tell us if this has resolved the problem.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Did you try what they requested?

If it didn't work, contact them again.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m thankful
    It works successfully. Actually, I did not expect that the method would be effective because Nero Tech said that “additional subtitle-files are not supported at all”. Additional subtitle-files, however, are played completely as it played well in Nero 14 version.
    I am happy to find that the Nero 15 version is also worth every penny.

Thank Wither 1 for your assistance.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm