Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m PTHTHTPT!

The wizard was interupted before Nero 2016 could be completely installed

The subject pretty much says it all. I’m tired of typing in the 1000 digit serial number over and over. Seems this has been a chronic problem with Nero for many years. I tried disabling Kaspersky, running different installer files from different locations, changing install options, run as administrator, type serial number without dashes or in lower case letters, blah blah blah, no difference. When it gets to the part to configure Nero core components, the green progress bar quickly reverses direction and drains away and the error window pops up.

I attached the diagnostic info file that’s supposed to help.

Here’s the specifics.

Nero 2016 classic

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit version

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500

8 Gig RAM

Tons of hard disk space

When I emailed this to 'techsupport@nero.com' I got an automated reply in German saying the email address is no longer supported.

My forum posts have a habit of disappearing too.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Yes, that link was disabled about 10 months ago. One has to go to nero.com, support, contact, technical support and fill out/submit the contact form.

Note that the serial number should be 39 characters. All letters are all caps along with the hyphens and there are only zeroes (no "O's).

You can't attach a file to a post in the forum. You can open it and copy it's contents in a post. However, each post is limited as too much text it can contain so sometimes, one has to post (new reply) more than once to get the whole thing in. You can post it if you like or you can go to tech support.

For installation, I suggest going to nero.com, downloads, previous product downloads, Nero 2016 versions and downloading, then installing, using the appropriate installer. I don't know where else you would find an installation file.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned