Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

This program is compatilble with minidisc sony mzrh910

I wanna know if i can use this program to manage my minidisc mzrh910
2 people have
this question
+1
  • What do you mean by manage? Are you wanting to use Windows software such as Nero MediaHome on a pc or laptop to manage the files via USB. Or are you wanting to use an app like NeroKwik installed on your Sony to manage the files? In the last case, the literature indicates that NeroKwik runs on iOS, Android, NOOK, Amazon Kindle Fire and Windows 8 devices. I don't know what the Sony uses.

I was going to say yes but then I read this at-

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MZ-RH910-W...

"The reliablity of the interchangable Hi-MD disks appears to be exceptionally good. They are basically infinitely re-recordable; Sony claims you can re-record 1 million times. They are encased in a well made enclosure, well protected unlike CD-RWs or DVD+RWs. I would guess they are much, much more reliable than CD-RWs and DVD+RWs. They are also quite compact, and make a good replacement for thumb drives, or can be used to back up files. For example, you can use it to back up the wav files from your recordings. Howevery audio files, copied directly to the Hi-MD disks cannot be listened to on the device, you have to download them using the SonicStage software. The songs you download are then placed into the some special files on the disks which contain the song catalog, and all the music--i.e. you cannot manage the songs/audio on the Hi-MD through the Windows file system. This was probably done because of the SCMS restrictions, to prevent from copying audio at will. This is an annoying restriction which means that if you want back ups of your audio on the Hi-MD disks, you must do extra work and consume extra disk space--i.e. backup your MP3 or wav files to the Hi-MD disks as Windows files (which cannot be listened to directly)."

What I'm talking about specifically is the part about copying audio files directly to the mini-discs and the limitations placed on them by SonicStage. That would be a problem for any Windows software. Apparently, if you don't do this, then there's no issue.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• If you are talking about managing your music and controling your MZ-RH910 then the only way of doing this would be with Sonicstage, the latest and best version of which can be found here: http://forums.sonyinsider.com/files/f...

If you are talking about using the MD for regular data storage then Windows will see it as a mass storage device which you can just drag and drop files to and from as you would do a hard drive or USB thumb drive.

I hope this helps.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned