Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

Transfer Nero 2017 Platinum (download version) to a new PC

I have Nero 10 installed and have received an offer to download Nero 2017 Platinum at a greatly discounted price. If I do this, can I then transfer this Nero 2017 Platinum to a new PC that I intend to buy shortly? If so, how would I do this?
Thanks,
Gordon
1 person has
this question
+1
  • Hi Gordon,
    You can install the "upgrade" as a stand-alone version.

To transfer it if you install first on the old computer ...

Take a note of your serial/licence number ... (39 characters including the hyphens), from the existing installation - found in Nero ControlCenter - under the Serial Numbers section. (You can right click on the number and copy and paste it to notepad for example, if you want to save typing. - to save the text file to a USB perhaps.

On the new computer :

As it is Nero Platinum 2017, you can download the "Trial" stub installer from the Nero downloads website.

http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads/

Enter your serial number in either during the installation, or after via the Nero ControlCenter / Serial Numbers / "Add" button, which should turn the trial version into the paid for one.

You can only have one active copy per serial number, so the original one will need to be uninstalled from the old computer.

On the new computer ...

If you receive a pop-up asking you why you are re-installing choose "Permanent Transfer" or "Technical Issues" or words to that effect.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

Thank you for this - much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Gordon
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited