Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

uninstall problem with nero platinum 2020

I had a message that my install was corrupted . So i uninstalled and reinstalled but I found out the previous install files were still there . Soi tried to delete with nero updater being used by another program.

Is there anyway to get rid of nero updater and these files from old install ?
I'm running win 10 .
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Unless a programmer or a computer expert, a difficult question to respond. No idea or knowledge why the installed programme turns corrupted. I have uninstalled and re-installed NERO Platinum 2020 a few times. After installing, I could not discover any uninstall tab. As advised by Nero Support Team since I am using Windows 10 – click on Setting – click on Apps – click on Nero 2020 and uninstall. Cannot remember if Nero Content Pack 1 & 2 were also uninstalled. Anyway, I did not check if old installed items were still present. But on re-installing, it is working well.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Wally-

The Nero Updater has nothing to do with uninstalling files.

Which previous install files were still there? There are a few folders which are shared by different versions. For instance, there will a Nero 11 and KM folder for v2020. I believe the Update folder should also be there.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited

• Wither 1 You'll know this.

I installed Nero 2020 on my laptop and want it on my main PC as well.
    I currently have Nero 2018 on the PC and want to leave it in case I don't decide to continue after the year is up with 2020.

Am I allowed to install it on both a laptop and my main PC under the single license?
    Secondly, will 2018 and 2020 cohabit the SSD on my PC nicely. i.e. I don't need to uninstall first?
    And last, how many times am I allowed to uninstall and then re-install before I fall foul of Nero's limits?

Thanks in advance.
    • view 1 more comment
    • Thanks Wither 1 I knew you would know. Your response was 6 days ago and I only got a message today saying someone had responded?
      I've also thought Nero was tight with its allowed activations. 10 would be better.
    • 5 vs 10, pick a number. I don't know what their reasoning is but, if someone is trying to install using the same serial number at some high number of times, it might indicate some pirating is going on.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited