Upgrade Nero Platinum 2014 provided free to 12.5 users.

I have not had Nero 12.5 that long, and now you are providing Nero 2014 for free to buyers, I can not see paying another $74 within a short time for a new version. Dissapointed that this would not be a free update to 12.5 users.
80 people have
this question
+1
This topic is no longer open for comments or replies.
    I couldn't agree more. I just emailed Nero asking why they're trying to rip us off like this. I upgraded less than 2 months ago and now they're trying this stunt?? INSANELY SHAMEFULL!!!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m okn
    Nero .. never again .. and i will NOT recomend this Product to any of my customers.
    This is bad Customer service ! Ripoff
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

I'm just trying to work out if I'm being asked to shell out for virtually the same programme again. I mean what can you do differently to change the way we burn CDR's and DVD discs? You will have noticed by now the speed of DVD drives hasn't increased, because basically it can't withour DVD's shattering all over the place so here we are stuck in limbo with companies like Roxio/Corel and Nero trying to persuade us that their new 2014 version is better (at a price) I'm not so sure looking at all the specs? What would make me upgrade is an offer I can't refuse but the offer that's being thrown at me is hardly exciting (for the same software).
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

I just purchased 12.5 platinum on 9/12/13 directly from Nero.com and pricing page showed FREE upgrade to 2014 Platinum when released. just went to upgrade page and entered serial number and got... upgrade price $54.99

What happened to FREE??????? If it had not shown that on purchase page, I would have waited to purchase until 2014 was released.
    • view 1 more comment
    • Me too! Upgraded from 10 to 12.5 platinum when advised (tricked) to do so by Nero support person telling me that I will be able to get the 2014 for free, later informed that the free upgrade does not apply to upgrades but only to full price purchasers! I requested for a compromise by topping up the 10 to 2014 price difference but have so far been ignored. Guess I would be justified to look for a cracked version of the 2014!
    • mmm, I got told it would cost me £34.99 to upgrade. I bought 12.5 platinum a few months ago, and wasn't even told about the new version
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. indifferent, undecided, unconcerned kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

Ditto! Wow, I did the same thing. I bought the 12.5 Nero with the expectation to get the Ner 14 free. What is going on?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m disgusted
    Ive had it with all these companies that get away with all this. You wouldn't believe what I am going through with Just Cloud back up storage. DON'T USE THEM. UNLIMITED IS NOT UNLIMITED IN THEIR VOCABULARY.
    • view 1 more comment
    • So you are saying I can back up my entire 154TB Storage system to your cloud? What about my friends almost 600TB system? If they bought your unlimited package could they back all of that up? I am sorry but I also cant resist stating the fact that you want us to pay you to use our own NAS devices that we have already shelled out hundreds if not thousands of dollars for, in my friends case hundreds of thousands. By moving that to a SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. I didn't mind paying for the Nero Suite before even with my absolutely horrid experience with 12 Platinum I still bought 2014 because I figured I would give it one last chance and I was glad I did, until I opened the program I used the most. I don;t give a flying (insert rude word here) about mobile access or web storage, that should be in a sub service. Not the ability to use something I already bought and own outright AND something I was already given in a previous version! Are you kidding me? I will never and I mean NEVER pay for something as stupid as that. On the flip side of things though if you can honestly tell me that yes I can back up my 50TB active NAS or my 150TB deep storage SAN/NAS then maybe you guys deserve a little less rage but if not the let the rage pour on.
    • And yes TB is what I meant.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

So, where is Nero's response to this 'free upgrade' issue?

I'd like to know if any of the Video 12.5 bugs have been fixed in 2014. There's no mention of it; most notably, 12.5's inability to import user clip art in the advanced editing mode, and the strange behavior of SmartEncoding... which works sometimes, and doesn't other times. Does 2014 allow disabling SmartEncode along with a DO NOT re-encode setting?

Since I only use Video with HD video files, downloading the free trial would be useless ... since the BD/AVCHD functions are disabled.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Nero did the same upgrade thing on 2012 and 2011 - if you didn't buy the previous version within 2 weeks of the new version release there was no free upgrade.

They do offer various upgrade discounts, but these are not always attractive compared to other regular deals from various software suppliers.

So nothing has changed that I can determine.

And I can find no reference to BackItUp for 2014 - was it removed? If so this might be a deal breaker.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited

yes, but I like other bought just last week and on the buy link it stated free update to 2014 when released... no notice from Nero and when I enter my serial I get told the price is $54.99.... FAIL
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Looks like Nero wants $25-$30 to upgrade BackItUp from 2012 to 2014.

Plus additional charges for cloud storage over 5GB.

No idea on non-upgrade price and mixed messages from Nero whether or not it is actually available yet.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I'm at the point where Nero can kiss my ass... They ended up offering me "Special Deal just for me" - with 10% of off the $54.99 upgrade.

I upgraded from 11 to 12.5 Platinum in June, and if I want to upgrade to Nero 2014 I have to pay $20 more than I would have, had I waited with my original upgrade until now (assuming those people who upgraded actually do get their 'free' upgrade to Nero 2014).

Their email said:
    -----------------------
    That is already the best upgrade price we can offer, unfortunately we cannot offer you a reduced price for Nero 2014.

Thank you for your understanding.
    -----------------------

NO, you DO NOT have my understanding in any way, what so ever..
    Please explain the logic in that for me.. Please!!

Final line in my reply is:
    I am done dealing with THIEVES, 'cus that's what you are!!!!

I am absolutely done with Nero - and if anyone wants a FREE copy of Nero 12.5 Platinum, they can have mine!!!!!!!!!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m sad
    To anybody who is connected with Nero.
    I viewed your recent email upgrade offer and visited your web site to see what would be worth paying an additional £40.00 for?
    To cut a long story short it's fairly obvious there isn't enough there for me to even consider upgrading at such a high upgrade cost.

So what you have here is; a long time customer who wants the latest version of Nero Platinum but not at the price you're hoping to achieve, because it has to be a deal that is beneficially to both parties and as such it isn't beneficial to me the end user.

I will wait you out until this software is offered at a better price or I won't upgrade at all which means you get 100% of nothing from a customer you would normally expect to sell to. In this financial climate you need to have a better understanding of your customers needs because this is a major fail as it is on your part.

I will continue with Version 12 Platinum because it more or less does what Version 14 does anyway at no extra cost to me.

It's up to Nero to reach out better to your long time customers and stop trying to exploit their goodwill.....!!!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m very very sad
    Try being a customer for 10 years - paying to upgrade and then finding Nero 2014 doesn't install correctly - phone for support and you are told you must PAY to get it. Goodbye Nero hello Roxio....
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m annoyed
    Due to reorganizing my desktop computer I lost my old Nero and to regain it by upgrading I found out that the Nero 12 Video only costed me less than the one Nero offered me.... So I bought the former one instead. Now I get a mail which offers me the FULL video of 99.99 bucks for 60......
    What the hell is going on here?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m pissed off
    Pissed off completely as I only upgraded on 2nd September 2013 to 12.5 platinum and now they want $69.95 to go to 2014.

Not likely and will probably stop using it anyway as the interface is not as easy to use as other programs I have used.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

don't forget to go to the Nero home page and complete the Customer Satisfaction survey!!! I did, 0% satisfied, reason customer service...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

BTW Nero is also on Facebook... just in case you want to drop a comment there also.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

or look they are on Twitter also... @NeroSolutions just havent commented since Jan 22
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

BTW I am also trying to work on this with AskNet customer service. AskNet is the store front for Nero. So far we have determined that they did not send me a VIP voucher, and that the only way offered so for for me FREE upgrade is to purchase Nero 2014 and then I can cancel my order for Nero 12.5... REALLY!!! Looks like I will be taking Nero off my approved software list for my clients. I know its a drop in the bucket to Nero, but that means 50+ licenses will not be purchased on the next version release...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

So if you use a credit card to purchase Nero and the parent company is in Germany and AskNet as the contractual party for Nero refuses to cancel your order within the 14 day no reasons needed policy, does this constitute International Wire Fraud? awaiting the answer now
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

got an email directly from Nero this morning with serial for Nero 2014 and additional content pack. body of email was congratulations on your FREE upgrade to Nero 2014 Platinum. noting seems to happen until I went around AskNet support and went directly to Nero.

so I am happier that I got my FREE upgrade, but still irritated that I spent a day with AskNet in denial mode until I exploded. Nero I love ya, but you really need a better support dept. One that actually tries to help, not one that keeps telling you what they can't do for you.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Dear Sir,

It was offered to me the Nero 12.5, which I recently acquired (purchase order #210387918) thinking that was the 2014 update, but I did not find any difference from the 2013 version. What I really would like is the new 2014 version, which seems to be not the one sent to me.

Thank you for your attention,

Francisco Dantas
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Francisco,

you need to direct this to Nero.com
    There is no support for Nero on this site.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

It is not so much fun to read all of this disappointment. Where is the response?

Here is a good analogy on how Nero should take care of its current customers: Never allow your efforts to attract new customers, minimize the value of your already existing loyal Nero family members. Imagine if you were a child and you constantly watched your parents provide so much more for children they didn't know simply because it made them feel like they were improving their image (in the case of a company that would mean improving profits). What would you feel like as a member of the family and someone that they should be more concerned about with no exceptions.

Always give your best offers to current loyal customers and don't make them beg. Don't send them an email telling them they were chosen for a special promotion because they are a family member and then turn around and make the same price available to new customers, as a way to attract new people.

The best children a parent will ever have will be his/her own.. The best customers Nero will ever have are the ones they already have. Never forget that. Even those outside the family are watching to see how you treat your own members.

Never offer your child stale bread knowing that you are baking new bread that afternoon- and then make it available to people on the street.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m very very sad
    And if your child is in need of assistance don't say write to me and I will ask you what is wrong in a week or so - or if you give me money I will talk to you now!
    I am sure the Germans didn't get to be successful by treating their children like idiots! or did they because that's how they are treating us?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello everyone,
    there seems to be quite some confusion with our upgrade pricing models, newsletter campaigns and special offers.
    All possbile scenarios have now been mentioned in this topic.

(1) Let me start with our newsletter campaign which mentioned Nero 2014 for the first time: (Aug 29th 2013)
    (a) The message was: buy Nero 12 now, and get Nero 2014 for free as soon as it will be launched
    (b) Alternative message for customers who already owned Nero 12: buy Nero 2014 now for a special price (pre-sale) and get your license as soon as it will be launched
    (2) Advertising on our web site www.nero.com
    the same offers described in (1a) and (1b) were advertised on our web page

-> that's the whole secret behind a "free Nero 2014 version".

There were no other campaigns promoting a free Nero 2014 upgrade.

Some comments in this topic mentioned that exactly one of these offers was purchased, but the serial number for Nero 2014 was not delivered.
    All pre-ordered licenses for Nero 2014 were sent out on Sept 19th. Yes, a few e-mails might not have received the customer due to typos in the e-mail address when placing the order, finding the Nero e-mai in the spamfolder. Our service teams have resent around 50 licenses to customers who did not get their serial number automatically. Contacting the Nero Customer Service team or the Asknet service team (our Online Shop provider) is the fastest way to get this solved.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

GeraldG (Employee)

(a) Well that might have been the case for most of your Version 12 customers but it certainly wasn't the case where I was concerned. I was never given the opportunity of purchasing Nero 2014 before it launched as I only found out there was a new version when you emailed me recently.
    Also, as someone who usually purchases the new version straight away at release this seems to place the likes of me at a distinct disadvantage because there are no free upgrades for the likes of me and the upgrade price from one version to another where very little has changed is just not worth the cost. From say; Version 10 or 11 to Version 2014 makes sense but not from 2012 to 2014 as it stands.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• when exactly did you purchase your upgrade to Nero 12.5 ?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I have version 12.5.6000 and have no idea of the date this was purchased. All I can say; is it was purchased more or less straight after release.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Check out my suggestion about Nero creating a "My Nero Content" page which lists all of my products, serial numbers, mini upgrade options, new release dates, tutorials, etc. and then we as customers always know where to find the "big picture of where we stand". When it comes time for an upgrade, Nero provides the incentive to "turn in" our current serial number and it becomes deactivated at the time of upgrade. Nero benefits as serial numbers are properly matched with upgrades and customers aren't buying upgrades they don't have support for. Nero provides a discount to those using this feature. There are so many ways that having a location like this can benefit Nero. Another example would be that when you need to download or refresh your software, you don't have to "BEG" Asknet, or Digital River to let you please have a download. This removes another link in the chain and saves money for Nero. It all is right there available to loyal customers. No more paying for extended downloads. No more searching around for new updates. No more buying old products when new are being released. Nero should be thinking about make a customer "dream home" rather than the chaos that exists when they don't provide these kind of resources. Push for our online locations to eliminate this problem and many more.
    • view 1 more comment
    • Thanks James! That was nice of you to say. I also use Acronis and I agree that they would be an example of a site that makes life easier. I have sent them the suggestion that they need to have customers chose an older license that they want to use to upgrade to a new one. This way, the customer can see what he has left to work with in the way of upgrading. Also this would remove the need to have to enter the old and new license number during the new installation as it is already verified. Acronis was always sending me these great upgrade opportunities and I ended up with more Disk 11 licenses that were upgrades than I could find full purchases to support them. Acronis realized that they were part of the problem and as a result they took my Disk 11 products and turned them into Full licenses for me. Having done that is what will cause them to think through the validity of my suggestion. There are so many wonderful things that employees at these companies could be doing if they were stimulated to be free thinkers and rewarded for creative ideas. I have 100+ ideas that I would like to share with Nero that would help them tremendously, but unless I sit down with a VP who takes me seriously, it almost always remains the status quo and companies miss out. I worked with Dell for over 2 years because of my extensive involvement with XPS 700 customers on the Dell Community Forum. Michael Dell was my main point of contact and he assigned a VP to me to implement whatever the VP felt needed to be done. After 2 years as a customer working on the "inside of the walls", another VP once remarked to me in a meeting that outside of MD, he felt that I might have a better understanding of the structure of the company than any other person. Now I didn't let that go to my head as of course there is details I would never see, but his point was that it takes a customer with relationships inside to gain the perspective that can see the stark reality of what is really going on. Executives can be quite "tunnel-visional" and often downright blind due to years behind the walls and unable to generate the excitement that a customer can. So anyway, that is where my ideas are finding their "roots". I am very passionate about changing the entire "Customer Care" mess that exists here in the USA. I push for a name change: "Customer Connection". And one last thought. Companies actually think that they assign value to a customer and that is what they build their customer care program on. The reality is that companies cannot assign value to people as we already have a priceless value. All that a company can do is recognize it and as a result treat people based on a value that is beyond anything a company ever could assign. When that happens the paradigm shift is poised to transform the company. Profits will take care of themselves as for unconditional love and acceptance is a powerful force that spins off amazing by-products!! I have to learn to shorten my thoughts!!! LOL
    • That's all correct, but you can say it with 4 words, - MAKE IT LIKE MS. This means, analyze the users environments to get the current update status. If there are updates available, display a list of the important updates ones and another one with optionals updates. The user can then select the updates for download and install. For this, knowledge of version numbers and release date of the update are not necessary.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I upgraded from Nero 11 to Nero 12.5 Platinum on June 22nd 2013 - immediately after receiving an email about the update.

Now had I waited until September I would've gotten the same upgrade AND the Nero 2014 upgrade for $30 more, but because I was a loyal customer who upgraded immediately I'm now screwed (as in a bad way).

I've offered the people at Neros customerservice to pay that $30 so I can upgrade to Nero 2014 - but NO, they insist on wanting me to pay the full upgrade price!!!

Seriously Nero, what the hell is wrong with your customer service?? You trick people into upgrading early and have no problem taking their money, but then you turn your back on them and laugh at their faces, while trying to STEAL more money from them?? This is so messed up I find it truly insane!!

Nero - WAKE UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING HERE!!!!!
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I purchased the upgrade to Nero 12, last week, for $29.99, and then just 2 days later I am notified that I must pay another upgrade fee, can I get a refund for my version 12 and upgrade directly to 2014?
    • Nero as a business has to sell things to survive. They usually throw offers for older versions knowing a new version is just about imminent and they hope the consumer likes what they see so of course they want the bright new shiny up to date version as well. Except this can rebound when they appear greedy and look like they're trying to exploit their customers goodwill. I personally don't care about the 2014 version at the cost they want for upgrading as there's nothing there I really want. They will only attract people like me if they make it easy for me to upgrade. They haven't thus far.
      Good luck with trying to get a refund because I think you'll need it. This Nero of today isn't the same Nero I remember from a few years back.
    • Dear Jody,
      our Customer Service Team will be glad to assist you in getting a refund for the Nero 12 upgrade. Please also check with the Customer Service Team if the upgrade to Nero 2014 from your existing version of Nero is still $29,99.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I agree with you and I also am getting fed-up with the greed.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m indifferent as to how I feel about upgrading again.
    I have not problem with paying a reduced upgrade price for a product. The trouble I had was that I was promised a FREE upgrade to 2014 if I purchased 12.5 at that very moment. then I did not receive 2014 with a having to have a complete meltdown at AskNet, and finally got forwarded to Nero directly, and only then did action get taken. I have several softwares that I purchase upgrades to early. I have no issue doing this. As stated earlier, software companies need income to pay people for writing the code and testing. Fine!
    1. do not charge me the full price of the product to upgrade.
    2. live up to all your promises, if you say free upgrade then mean it.
    I have one product that promised me free live time upgrades, and they do
    exactly that. But I still "donate" to them each year to help keep the software
    moving ahead.
    3. If you outsource your support, remember that they only care about selling so that they can keep their numbers up. They are not really out to help your customers for reduced pricing. And they are not inspired to help as much as sell.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Sad and Irked
    My two cents

I'm skipping this version

I have 4 copies of Nero 2012 Platinum on 4 different PCs, all legally purchased

Had the upgrade price been from $20 to $30 a copy, I would have bought the upgrade to 2014. I am not investing $60 a copy for the same software that works fine on these PCs.

Nero, you priced yourself right out of a loyal customer sale. That's $120 in profit you lose in a vain attempt to get $240

The sad thing is, they know they are a better piece of software than the other guys, so they rub our noses in it with this pricing model. I will never install Creator software again - that was a piece of crap, in any cersion

As long as version 12 is working, I wont upgrade. No reason to.
    • I totally agree Nero is pricing this 2014 upgrade too high. There's just not enough in the new version to justify an outlay of £39.99. I might have bought at £24.99 and would definitely buy at £19.99. Maybe, if enough people vote with their wallets closed they'll re-think this? As for Roxio/Corel they want £54.99 to upgrade to their latest Creator NXT2. Not a snowflake in hells chance will I pay that to upgrade to virtually the same software. Sticking a 2 on the end of the name doesn't justify that sort of money in my book. These companies need to get real, there's a recession and they can't keep coming to the well like this.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m pissed off
    On the invoice showed that there is a free upgrade to 2014 platinum the email will be send with new key for the new software. When is this be coming? NERO is a crappy company. Which I will never buy again.
    • Hello Mr. Szikora,
      thank you for reporting this problem.
      We are sorry to hear that you have not received your free Nero 2014 Platinum serial number yet.
      All Nero 2014 serial numbers from our pre-sales offers have been sent to customers on Sept. 18th.
      In our database we cannot recognize any problem that could have blocked the respective e-mail with the Nero 2014 Platinum serial number.
      Please excuse the inconvenience caused.
      You will receive an E-Mail from us-customerservice@nero.com in a few minutes with all details regarding your order.
      Best regards,
      GeraldG

All other customers:
      As mentioned above, all free Nero 2014 Serial numbers that have been purchased during our pre-sales campaign have been sent out already on Sept 18th. In case anyone has not received his Nero 2014 serial number yet, don't wait any longer, it will not sent out again from Nero's side. Everybody who is still missing his Serial number for Nero 2014, please contact our customer Service department by E-Mail, add your order number if possible.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I'm done with both NERO and Roxio. I've been a user of their products for over 15 years. Loyalty is not a 1 way street. Thanks for the consideration. 12.5 Platinum is my last.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m HOPEFUL
    I have read all of these posts and trust me when I say that I completely understand the deep level of frustration. Every customer has not only the "right" to have high expectations, but also has a "responsibility" to express them and old companies accountable for its actions.

I have found in working with any company that I have to remind myself that it is a corporation; there is no personality, feelings, or cares that emanate from an "It".

When we get emotional charged up about something that has gone wrong, it helps to remember that within even the worst of companies there are many employees that empathize with us as customers. The difficulty that we often are facing is that we are unable to locate these people. Often the reason for that is that they are shielded from the general customer population by front line workers that may or not be all that loyal to the company and therefore our image of the "IT" is a negative one.

I can testify that within the Nero Corporation there are quite a number of highly skilled and very caring employees. These people have demonstrated to me over the years that I am important and I have been well treated by Nero.

Just yesterday, I went to one of my older email accounts and to my surprise was a letter from Nero with a brand new license key to 14 Platinum, being given to me simply because Nero valued me as a customer. Had I not have found that email, I would have never known that there was an expression of care passed onto me. Seeing that email made me think about the many positive events in my years as a Nero customer.

I believe that if we all, here on this forum, join together and figure out collectively what has gone wrong, and how it should be corrected; Nero will respond with a solution that will restore the image that we would like to see and Nero wants to be seen.

I would be more than happy to collect the data and put together a proposal which I will post and then each member who comes here can "sign on" if they agree with the proposal. After that lets give Nero a "fighting chance" to regroup and demonstrate the "heart of the Nero people", remembering that a Corporation has no heart and it most definitely has employees that could also use the paddles charged to 300 volts and placed on the chest! "Clear"!

I own 4 licenses of 12.5, but in my case they were given to me by Nero because I owned 4 copies of Nero Platinum 12. I don't know if Nero "owes" me anything.

I do know that when I bought Nero 11 Plat licenses, I made my way to the corporate office and I was treated extremely well and an executive that has better things to do than handle a reps responsibility, didn't look at it that way. He viewed me as an individual with value and treated me as a person of value that was unrelated to how many products I had purchased. In the end the price I was given for 4 upgrades from 10 was much better then the memorized line of a rep that said, "This is the best we can do."

So, what do you say? Let's try and bypass all the "canned responses" and seek out the Nero employee that will listen, care, and has the power to make a wise decision for us as customers and for the Nero and its employees. I am confident that we can begin a positive movement here on this new location and breath "Customer Life" into it, turning it into what is going to help Nero because it will help its customers: US.

All my best,

GB (gbakmars) I do have a bit of experience in this kind of thing. Ask anyone that owned a Dell XPS 700 what was given to them and that might shed some light on what motivates me.
    • I agree. When I Finally go someone at Nero to listen the problem got solved quickly... The trouble was the point of contact was AskNet who's conversations over 2 days time took from just checking on my free upgrade status to just cancel my order and go away. The support contact information on the Nero website looped be back to them every time. It was only after I dig around the site and found an email contact for the parent company in Germany that I finally got results. It just shouldn't be this hard to get what was promised at purchase.
    • I contacted Asknet who replied that my complaint had been passed to Nero so my case was closed with NO refund! I have replied that the case is NOT closed and will not be until I have a full refund or a fully working program. In truth I would prefer the refund as I have realised there are plenty of free programs which will do the same or in some cases a better job than Nero. I have paid for Nero 9, 10, 11, 12 and 2014 and am questioning what improvements I really got in all that time?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

I have never been in contact with any Nero "highly skilled and very caring employee".

I went through this exact scenario with Nero 11 Platinum and all I ever got from anyone, including the regional distribution manager, to bad so sad.

And all I got from tech support with install problems was repetitive suggestions to do the same thing over and over, all the while getting the same disasterous results. They clearly wouldn't even bother to read that I had tried it countless times already.

And I was polite, until the part where I had my corporate pull Nero from the list of approved software.

Fortunately, there are many alternatives to do the things Nero does, and Nero is becoming a redundant software. I received Nero 12 as a gift 2 weeks before 14 was announced and released, and Nero once again said too bad so sad.

Seek out who? How? They aren't allowed by Nero to do anything but tow a corporate line that avoids the costs of giving customers what they deserve and respect, so fugetaboutit - if I am not worth some effort from Nero, then its not worth any effort from me.

This is not the way of the industry, it is simply the way of Nero.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly sad, anxious, confused, frustrated happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• This reply was removed on 2013-09-28.
    see the change log
  • I’m sad
    I only purchase the Burning Rom. If I want to do anything with audio files I have EZ CD Audio Converter, great program and I have lifetime upgrades. If I want to do anything with video I have Vegas Movie Studio.I have found that any software that claims to do it all lacks in some area or another.

But back to the Burning Rom. I have version 10 on one computer and 12 on the other. After reading some posts here I decided to check and see what the upgrade just for the Burning Rom would be. The upgrade was $29.99. About the only extra was CD text support and cover art, which is nothing to upgrade for. The thing that bothered me was anyone who is using the trial version gets the same deal,$29.99. Anyone using Nero Lite, free version, gets the same deal $29.99. Oh well, no one forces me to buy it. I know their support is non existing and their price is to much, so if I ever purchase it again the only person I can kick is myself.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated and pissed off with Nero
    This new Nero Platinum 2014 is a shameful mess AND ripoff. There are so many bugs in it that I finally gave up trying to get it to install with all the features that it is promoted to offer. Nero screwed me with version 12.5. Now, they have screwed me with version 2014. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. But I got burned twice (in less than a year). Thing is, they can run you around for ever claiming that they are trying to help you fix problems. But they won't give you back your money. Here I am left with parts of 12.5 and parts of 2014 on my computer working (sort of). What a mess! It will take a while but, I am going to go ahead and initiate a transaction dispute FULL REFUND process for both 12.5 and 2014 versions with my credit card company. Nero use to be an okay vendor. Now, they shouldn't be in business.
    • I'm now so glad Nero decided to charge an arm and a leg to upgrade making it easy for me to pass on it, because from what you're saying a free upgrade would have been a backward step at the moment. Of course Nero will patch their buggy software so I think I'll re-consider in about a year from now :) (when they've sorted out the problems)
    • I think Nero 2014 is a patch to their previous buggy software so if you wait another year they will make you pay for another patch to their buggy software - From reading here this one does not correct all the bugs so they have plenty to go at!. But then there are always people like me who believe the "improved version" adverts and then wonder what really improved in 10, 11, 12 and 2014?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Does not find you, that 67 responses are slow enough. What is the use even more, if no official opinion on this post?

David Marshall has a good suggestion
    "I would be more than happy to collect the data and put together a proposal which I will post and then each member who comes here can "sign on" if they agree with the proposal. After that lets give Nero a "fighting chance" to regroup and demonstrate the "heart of the Nero people", remembering that a Corporation has no heart and it most definitely has employees that could also use the paddles charged to 300 volts and placed on the chest! "Clear"! ".

So he should write a letter (no email) to the Nero management. Therin he should describe his concern as mentioned above and refer to this post for refrences.

Only on this way one can get things moving (perhaps, let's hope)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2013-10-08.
    see the change log