Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m annoyed, frustrated and concerned

Upgraded to 2018 Nero Platinum. Still getting the Burned Failed Sector 3 error. Desperately need to get this file burned! Help!!

I've been a dedicated customer for many years and love the programs offered. I was having a Sector 3 burn error at the very end of the burn cycle on a project that I am currently working on, so I upgraded to the Nero Platinum 2018 in hopes of correcting this issue. My computer at work and at home are both Windows 10.

I desperately need to get this error corrected, as the video I am attempting to burn is needed asap by 35 people, and is 2 weeks overdue in trying to fix this problem. I've been on the forums, you tube and have contacted support. This needs to get fixed asap please!!

Helen Wells
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hello Helen-

I need to see the entire log file.

You can either upload it to a web site such as dropbox.com and provide a link or you can copy and the paste the whole thing here. The former is easier.

If you chose to copy and past it here, make note that a "Reply box" is limited in the amount of text it can contain. As a result, after you make the first paste operation and click on Reply, check to see where the log ends. If it isn't the whole thing. Then copy and paste the remainder to new Reply boxes, as necessary. Normally, three boxes is all that is necessary.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Have you tried with different brands of dvd's. If you post the message: Burn process failed with status 3 direct to your URL adress, you get a lot of these problems. One of the explanations is:

Try a different brand/type of media. Sony are medium quality at best.

For DVD+R or DVD-R SL media, Verbatim or Taio Yuden are highly recommended. For DVD+R DL media, Verbatim only. After you are getting good burns with quality media, then you can experiment with other brands of media to find what will and won't work with your hardware.

Here is the error you are getting: [16:00:54] NeroVision Sense Key: 0x05 (KEY_ILLEGAL_REQUEST)

Which is typically a media issue.
    link is: http://www.techsupportforum.com/forum...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated