Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m Very Unhappy

upgrading from Nero 2016 platinum to 2017 platinum -

Installation fails each time (even when run as an administrator) with error message "Installshield Wizard Failed. The wizard was interrupted before Nero 2017 could be completely installed". I receive no error messages prior to this step in the process. I have tried this a number of times since paying for the upgrade.  
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Pretty common problem. You might have to go to tech support on this issue but, long ago, a Nero employee posted a fix (I didn't look for it). However, I'm providing what one person recently did in response to this error. It's essentially what the Nero employee posted but the user provided far more detail-

"1st I started the autoextract setup
    when the error occur I open my user folder then my "AppData" folder (you have to abilitate the view of hidden folders in explorer options), then open the "temp" one.
    In it you will find a "NeroInstallFiles" folder and inside of it another folder with the extracted setup.
    Don't execute the "setup" or the "nero.nero2017" file, you will have the same error as a result.
    Instead, open the folder "ISSetupPrerequisites" and install what you can of the packages inside (in some cases you will find some of them are already installed so abort the install).
    after that open the other folder "applications"; in it you will find all the packages needed to install the suite.
    As I commented before, Installing one package at once I can succesfully do it.
    What I didn't know was the sequence of installation which I figured out so this is it:

1. Folder: prerequisites; File to launch: nero.prerequisites
    2. Folder: burningcore; File to launch: nero.burningcore
    3. Folder: corecomponents; File to launch: nero.corecomponents
    4. Folder: burningrom; File to launch: nero.burningrom
    5. Folder: controlcenter; File to launch: nero.controlcenter
    6. Folder: express: File to launch: nero.express
    7. Folder: launcher; file to launch: nero.launcher
    8. Folder: deviceupdates; File to launch: nero.deviceupdates
    9. Folder: coverdesigner; File to launch: nero.coverdesigner
    10. Folder: disc2device; File to launch: nero.disc2device
    11. Folder: recode; File to launch: nero.recode
    12. Folder. resqueagent; File to launch: nero.resqueagent
    13. Folder: vision; File to launch: nero.vision
    14. Folder: info; File to launch: nero.info
    15. Folder: effectsbasic; file to launch: nero.effectsbasic
    16. Folder: kwikmedia; File to launch: nero.kwikmedia
    17. Folder: menutemplatepackbasic; file to launch: nero.menutemplatepackbasic
    18. Folder: moviethemebase; File to launch: nero.moviethemebase
    19. Folder: pipfxbasic; file to launch: nero.pipfxbasic
    20. Folder: samplevideos; File to launch: nero.samplevideos
    21. Folder: sharedvideocodecs; File to launch: nero.sharedvideocodecs
    22. Folder: stashimi; File to launch: nero.stashimi
    23. Folder: update; there is only one file: nero.update

Finally we have done all the installation packages; remember to press "yes" when the administrator windows appear to allow changes to the system.

Now we have to insert our license key, so we open our newly installed (or reinstalled) Nero control center from our applications menu.
    The first window that appear asks us for a license key we can write it in the correct box then press "Next" to activate our suite. Now we can download the platinum contents from the Nero website."

If you don't understand parts of it, let me know.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned

• Tim,

Just in case you find the above process preposterous:

Installation Issues

Help with installation issues can be obtained directly from Nero by using the email contact form at Technical Support via e-mail. This requires a valid product serial number which has the form XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (8 groups of 4 characters/digits separated by dashes. Note: The serial number will not have the letter 'O'. Since this is a public forum, DO NOT post your serial number. If your serial number is not accepted, use the contact form at Nero Customer Service.
    Or, choose Tech Support or Customer Service
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned