Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.

What are the new features in Platinum 2016?

Is there a list anywhere of what features, if any, are new or upgraded in 2016 Platinum?

I have 2015 Platinum, and keep being sent e.mails encouraging me to upgrade -- I'm not complaining about that, but I can't find anything that says what specifically is different in the 2016 version from the 2015 version -- other than the ability to change the colour of the launching application, which frankly I couldn't give a toss about. SURELY there's more than that?!! Why doesn't Nero tell us what there is?
1 person has
this question
+1
  • I think the biggest changes of v2016 is some minor changes to processing 4k and some fixes for some problems in Recode and Nero Video that exist in v2015 and earlier. I see something about a new streaming app and that might be an incentive to people with android or other similar devices.

On the bad side, the Nero Blu-ray Player is no longer available to play discs and HD audio processing was discontinued.

You can keep both versions side by side if the latter is a concern.

Overall, I don't see a big reason for upgrading. Since v2017 is just around the corner (September?), I would hold off to see what changes they make there.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Thanks for the reply, Wither. :-)

Yeah, I thought that might be the case -- if there'd been any substantial changes, I'm sure Nero would have been highlighting them -- but I wanted to see there was something I'd missed spotting, anyway. Especially since Nero seems to be pushing the upgrades pretty heavily.

I'm not too worried about the loss of the Blu-ray Player, since I didn't use it anyway, but I was interested to see how it would mature. I still have the 2015 version, but as I wrote in another thread, both AACS and DHCP have had significant changes in specs since the 2015 suite was released (or since the BD Player was last updated, anyway), and a lot of more recent discs just produce errors when you try to play them. BD is a very update-hungry format, which may be one reason Nero let that feature slide.

Again, though, thanks for your reply. I didn't realise the next version might be seen as soon as September, so I'm happy to wait.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I'm at a loss trying to figure out what this has to do with any changes in Nero, or am I missing something in your post?

DIRECT quotes from Wikipedia

"The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a standardized network protocol used on Internet Protocol (IP) networks for dynamically distributing network configuration parameters, such as IP addresses for interfaces and services. With DHCP, computers request IP addresses and networking parameters automatically from a DHCP server, reducing the need for a network administrator or a user to configure these settings manually".

"The Advanced Access Content System (AACS) is a standard for content distribution and digital rights management, intended to restrict access to and copying of the post-DVD generation of optical discs. The specification was publicly released in April 2005 and the standard has been adopted as the access restriction scheme for HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD)"
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• > I'm at a loss ...

Fair enough. I'm at a loss to understand why people throw a smart-arse tone into conversations, and try to make someone else out to be stupid, when it's really just that they don't understand. Is it just because they think they can piss on someone with impunity from the safety of their anonymous keyboard? That's pretty sad.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm