I’m frustrated

What version of Nero Blu-ray Player is included with Nero 2014 Platinum?

Except for Blu-ray Player, every application included in Nero 2014 Platinum is listed as version 15.X. The version of Blu-ray Player I have is 12. Is that the latest version?
2 people have
this question
+1
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• I’m frustrated
    If the Blu-ray player is NOT included in Platinum, then your information on the web page about Platinum is false. It says you can watch Blu-Ray video...
    http://www.nero.com/eng/products/nero...

It clearly says Blu-ray is included.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. kidding, amused, unsure, silly happy, confident, thankful, excited indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• My 2014 Platinum says that i need to buy Blu-ray player....
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Of cause the bluray player is included in 2014 platinum.

a) What are the first 4 digits of you serialnumber?
    b) Please add a screenshot of the message you get
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Also, did you run the check for updates from the Nero ControlCenter after you installed v14?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

Hi David R,

I have just checked your order confirmation, and you have purchased a Nero 2014 Platinum Upgrade for Nero 2014 users. This serial number can only be used in combination with a Nero 2014 serial number.
    If you order this upgrade without a valid serial number for Nero 2014 you are not able to install Nero 2014 Platinum. Do you have a standard Nero 2014 version installed on your computer? If not, you have ordered the wrong product.
    Please contact our Customer Service under: US-CustomerService@nero.com

Best regards,
    NeroUser
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yup, I first purchased 2014 and then bought the upgrade.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Then all things should be ok.
    Are both serials (Nero 2014 and nero 2014 platinum upgrade) visible in control center?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• No, I send an email with screen shot of the control center and receipts.

After I installed the upgrade, the control center would not come up, so I had to download and reinstall the control center.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If you can open the Nero ControlCenter, just go to Licenses and add both licenses manually.

I don't know how you downloaded the ControlCenter. To my knowledge, you can't download it separately from the suite.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello David,

Ok, we found your other purchase, It had been done from a different e-mail address, this is why I couldn ́t find it before.
    According to the information you sent us in your last e-mail, the activation of the Platinum version has finally worked out for you, so that part of the problem has been solved.
    You are now facing a different problem when burnning using Nero Video.
    We have sent you an e-mail with the steps to follow to collect the information that we will need to analyze that problem.
    Please send us this information, and we will send you an answer as soon as possible.
    I set this topic to sovled, as the Upgrade problem has been solved. If you want to report the burning problem within the Forum, please start a new topic.
    Best regards,
    NeroUser
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m anxious
    Well, I ran a thorough virus scan last night and found a couple of virus. Then I uninstalled all of Nero. Then I reinstalled Nero 9 - and it worked. So I installed the Nero 2014 using the basic trial software and the serial number I bought it with. Then I added the Platinum serial number and it bought it.

Nero 9 SN

8M01-289K-2H95-W8H0-PZ2A-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Nero 2014 Software SN

903X-82C0-6T4M-3PW7-HU46-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Nero Platinum S/N

9046-0287-3PM1-3Z02-1597-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Then I downloaded the extras that the program told me about.
    I didn't get any errors while installed so it appeared to be clean.

Nero 9 Nero Vision did work when I tested it, but after installing 2014, it says my trial period is over - even though I bought the Damn thing...

And of course, Nero Vision 2014 will now not even start to code menus - neither to write to a file or to burn a DVD. This is going backwards as yesterday, it would start to encode and then blow up after 10 seconds. Now it won't even do that.

I can import files that are written on disc, so it can recognize and read either of my DVD drives.

I tried several files including .mov, mp3 and wmv that I either recorded with my camera or downloaded from Youtube. I can play those files just fine with Nero Showtime (from Nero 9) or Windows media or Rich Media viewer. So the files should be good.

I went into Nero Vision from the Launcher imported a file from my disk, then just pressed next for everything without doing anything special. Selected either of my disk drives, tried maximum speed, then 8X, then finally 4X speeds, but that made no difference.

Then I loaded Nero Vision directly and get the same results.

Could you please help as I really like Nero Vision. But If I cannot get help soon, I will have to ask for a refund or contact my credit card company.

Yes, i bought and downloaded the newest version of Nero2014 and 2014 Platinum. But of course, they don't work. Much of the program seems to work but Nero Vision (2014) now won't even begin to either write to the hard drive or burn a DVD.

I'm attaching the Cab file again in hopes that you can help.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• David,

I see that you have posted your serial numbers in this PUBLIC forum. You should remove them immediately. If anyone replies to your new topic, the serial numbers will be there forever! Similarly, if anyone comments on the above post, those serial numbers will be non-removable.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Not a bad idea but those are only partial serial numbers. Partial serial numbers appear in every burn log that we ask people to post in the forum.

David- After you installed, did you go to the Nero ControlCenter and make sure that both serial numbers are listed under Licenses? In addition, did you run the check for updates?

Open Nero Video, DVD, DVD-Video and import a mpeg-4 or mp4 or .mts or .m2ts file. Does it ask you to register your product? If not, click on Next, does it ask you to register at that point?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• David- have you checked or tried any of the things I mentioned?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Yup, thanks, Wither. Yes, the serial number show up and the program partially works, Just cannot burn anything now.

Support has responded, so I'm going to have to remove everything again, clean up and start over. I'll try doing only Nero 2014 and hopefully that will work.

I do really like the options of the older Showtime, so maybe I can get that back later, but I'll have to spend some time with it.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I see in your other thread that tech support provided you some instructions to resolve this. If they work, perhaps you'll give the details.

Did you try what I asked about importing files? Did it ever ask you to register?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• It didn't because everything was already registered. The control panel shows things just fine and programs can read from the discs, but cannot burn nor can Nero Vision begin encoding.

Still working on what support advised, so I'll keep folks advised.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well the saga continues...

Tech support contacted me and gave some help, but we are not there yet on everything.
    I uninstalled everything. I ran a virus check overnight.

Then I downloaded the Nero CleanTool and used it - which cleared out all of Nero 9, including the best view I've found - Nero Showtime. (Show time has been discontinued and replaced with a version having much fewer controls.)

I saved Serial numbers for Nero 9, Nero 2014, and Nero 2014 Platinum. Then made sure they were not in the registry.

Then I downloaded Nero 2014 and Nero 2014 Platinum installation kits they linked to. And the Content pack.

I installed Nero 2014 and it appeared to install. I did use Nero Vision and it encoded and wrote to a DVD, so that was nice.

Now my question is how can I get Media Home, Media Browser and Backit. When I use the Launcher It says that I need to download (buy) those.

So I downloaded Nero Kwick Media, but it only appears to install but leaves neither software or shortcuts.

I would try the Nero Firstaidkit, but do not have access to it.

It appears that the program package is now so protected that it is near worthless. I have spend several days and over 30 hours working on this...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Please note that KwikMedia is the replacement name for nero mediahub and Nero MediaHome is the new name of both. If you look in the various Nero folders you'll see references to both in various files. Nero MediaHub should install with the Nero 2014 installer. Ditto for the other two apps. The only apps you should have to download separately are WaveEditor, CoverDesigner and SoundTrax. I have no idea where you found a download for KwikMedia since it hasn't been available for a couple of years.

Would you post the link they provided to Nero 2014. What they should have given you is the link to the Nero 2014 trial version. If you put in your Nero 2014 serial number during that installation, then you would have the full Nero 2014. Then, if you added your Platinum serial number to the Licenses of the Nero ControlCenter, you would have the Platinum version.

Did you run the check for updates after you installed?

I'll help you with v9 after you get v14 squared away.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• They gave me:
    http://www.nero-mirror.com/support/Ne...

It is like the trial, but they said it was better. It is very nearly the same size.

I just spend several hours with tech support who turned me over to general Microsoft support. They charged (( to tune up my system and then fix Nero 2014. They did a little tune up more than i had, but could not resolve the problem either.

So after several days, extra money and many hours, I'm still in about the same spot.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I did check for updates and did load one. But mostly, they don't load either.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I don't know how Microsoft got involved in this. Did tech support see something in your .cab that suggested there is a problem with your OS installation?

The fact that updates don't install is another issue which may be related to the OS.

This might be one of those cases where a clean install of the OS is called for. I rarely suggest that but, getting Microsoft involved suggests a real problem with the OS.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well, I watched them do their stuff and sawa the free programs they used, which was interesting. They found a little, but..

The Nero Tech Support didn't know what to do as they never saw this problem before.

So I just used the program decrapifier to delete all the Nero, then reinstalled step by step. And now it all works!!
    This is what i have historically had to do with tech support, once they give up, I fix it...

Now, I really do like the step by step playing of videos that Showtime gave me. Is there a way to do that in the new version?

Or do I dare try to get Nero 9 Showtime back??
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• PC Decrapifier (aka Ccleaner) may have removed other junk off your system that was interefering.

I just replied in the other thread asking if you have the three apps you said are missing. It sounds like you have them now.

For v9, go to nero.com, downloads, previous product downloads. Click on the v9 update. Go to the bottom of the page and download the update. V9 is probably more sensitive to anti-virus than later versions so you might want to disable it and its security features. Install the update but insert your purchased serial number during the update. If successful, then download and install the template packs.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This reply was removed on 2014-08-07.
    see the change log