Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
I’m frustrated

When hitting Nero Video Nero Vision crashes Instantly on 2018 Platinum edition

Has anyone experienced just when you click on the tab Nero Video on the 2018 Platinum version it crashes instantly?

All other tabs of the platinum 2018 version are working.

Tried loading reloading trying to run as administrator. No luck with just this one function.

I hope a fix is on its way. Spent hours trying to fix this problem.
1 person has
this problem
+1
  • Hi Edmund-

What happens when it crashes? Error messages?

Please go here-

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 2018\Nero Vision

Right click on the nerovision.exe file and select "run as administrator."

Does that work?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    How does this make you feel?
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• Hello Wither:

Thank you for your help in this matter.

I found the file you asked me to look for in the C program area. I Right clicked the file then ran as administrator and it still crashes. I tried it more than once.

This is where i'm at at the moment.

I used their clean up tool and reinstalled the program with no luck.

Nero Vision crashes as soon as I hit the Nero Video tab.

Have not heard back from Nero yet.

Is there anywhere on the Nero site where I can download the program directly from their site instead of using my disc to install the program. Do you think this might help? All I see on their site is a trial version and no where to enter a product code for a full install.

Thanks again for your help regarding this matter it is truly appreciated.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. happy, confident, thankful, excited kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned sad, anxious, confused, frustrated

• What clean up tool are you referring to? The Nero General Clean Tool only applies to v7-v9. One uninstalls later versions from Control Panel.

Go to nero.com, downloads. The installation file for v2018 will be there. It's a trial version but when you enter your purchased serial number either during the installation or in the Nero ControlCenter after the installation, it will be the full version.

Are you using a boxed version? If so, what are the first 4 characters (don't post the whole thing here) of the serial number?

What is your operating system?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello Wither:

Thanks for writing back.

Nero sent me a link for Nero First aid kit. That is what I used before re-installing the entire program.

Before I do anything I will wait for your reply again. I presume you are a Nero employee as I did not ask you.

I'm using a CD version starting with 1085. I'm using Windows 8.1.

Thanks again for your help and helping others on this site.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I'm not a Nero employee. Just a volunteer who's been helping out in here daily for over 9 years.

You hadn't mentioned getting a reply from tech support yet so I could only guess at which tool you used.

My serial number starts with 9095. Sometimes, boxed versions come with an activation code which is shorter than the 39 characters including hyphens which one gets when purchasing a download serial number and the activation code has to be converted to a serial number. Since you were able to contact tech support with your serial number, I presume it's correct.

I'm curious about the CD. Is that an upgrade CD or from a box your purchased in a store?

I'd just wait for tech support to reply. Let us know the resolution.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Thanks Wither:

Have not heard from tech support as of yet.

I just purchased the program with CD and it was not an upgrade CD.

Tech support seems it takes a few days especially if more problems with the 2018 version exists.

You are most appreciated for your help and I will be sure to share with you if the problem is rectified and how.

Again Thanks.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Wither:

Just wanted to let you know I downloaded the trial version to see if Nero vision would work but it still crashed.

Also I wanted to advise you or anyone reading this post that if you already have a product key number it will not allow you to use it to upgrade from the trial version. It will only let you pay to have the full version.

Hope I hear from Nero soon.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• If it says you have to pay, then there's either something wrong with your serial number or it's not for the v2018 Platinum suite.

As I mentioned, a valid serial number would have 39 characters, including the hyphens, and there would be no "O"s. Does your serial number meet those criterion?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated with NERO
    Wither:

I have 39 characters the only 0 is in the first 4 numbers of my product key.

I have the Nero platinum 2018 4K media suite No. 1. Came brand new and factory sealed.

In any event it still crashed using the trial version.

I guess I might have to look for a refund soon as they are not responsive to fix this currently.

You are great for trying to help.

Ed
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hi Ed-

Couple of approaches you can take-

Go to Customer Service-

http://www.nero.com/enu/support/conta...

and ask them to verify that your serial number is correct for your product.

Wait for tech support to respond to your last reply to them. I assume you told them that the firstaid kit didn't work.

Like you, I would like to know the solution.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hello Wither:

I discovered something just great today by a recommendation of another user of Nero.

I installed the FREE version of Revo Uninstaller. I used it to clean up my previous installations and remove everything Nero has put on my computer.

Let me tell you that this program had found so much Nero junk still on my computer even after using the Nero First Aid kit that I felt did it all.

I tried it and things are looking a lot better with a fresh installation. After the clean up using Revo and reinstalling my product the first thing upon completion a update screen came up that I did not get with any of the installations I tried.

Unfortunately, when pushing the Nero Video tab in the middle it crashes "NERO VISION". Using the side info arrows on the same tab works fine showing video info.

There is new updates just posted for the 2018 Nero on the Nero Control Center as many users are finding things not working so well. It might take a little time to make this all work for all but I hope it will be soon.

More testing should have been done on this roll out but it is all about getting the money first.

Thanks much.

Ed
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Revo won't delete every Nero entry in the registry or on the drive. Sometimes, it will delete enough to solve a persons' problem.

If you look at the description for the updates, they're primarily for a bunch of small problems and to enhance some things. However, Nero doesn't always describe other things it's fixing with an update.

You should download the latest trial version since it will have all the updates.

Did you approach Customer Service about your serial number?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m BUYERS BEWARE CUSTOMER SERVICE POOR!!
    Hello Wither:

Revo was great because of all the loading and unloading my computer was full of garbage from them and since we talked I was starting to get other problems like SXTRACE errors.

After I cleaned the system with Revo all is well with errors gone. The only thing that does not open is Nero Vision. The entire Platinum program is loaded but you seem to feel I might not have the entire load for the Platinum because there is a 0 in my first 4 nubers of my code.

Nero does not answer my email for a few days now.

I appreciate your concern.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• My problem with the serial number is the 1085. Not familiar with that but they use different serial numbers for boxed sets. What really concerned me was that you said it asked you to pay. Is it still doing that?

Did you try installing the latest trial version?

Nero crashes are sometime caused by .network or C++ problems. Did tech support ever ask you for the nerosupport.cab file?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m BUYERS BEWARE CUSTOMER SERVICE POOR!!!!!
    Wither

Thanks again so much.

You should be working for Nero as I see how many people you try to help.

Do they ever read this site to help their customers out??????

Yes I had loaded the trial version with no luck with Nero Vision.

By the way my installation disc does read Nero Platinum 2018.
    I will write about the code to them on another email.

They never asked me for a cab file as I have not heard from them. How do I find such a file if asked?

I will check with them again as I have not heard from them.

Thanks again Wither as you should get paid for doing all you do Nero seems to be a waist when it comes to customer service.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Did you get an automated reply to your submittal?

I assume the trial version you tried is the latest one since it was updated a few days ago.

If they need the .cab file, they'll tell you how to get and run the utility that generates it. Normally, they ask for it.

Note that they don't work weekends.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m frustrated and very mad!!
    WOW DID ANYONE BUY THIS PROGRAM TO GO TO NERO SCHOOL OR TO USE A PROGRAM THAT SHOULD LOAD CORRECTLY!

ONLY SO MANY HOURS IN A DAY. JUST READ THIS REPLY. IF I KNEW HOW TO DO HALF OF THIS IT WOULD BE GREAT. NO PHONE SUPPORT!!!

Customer Support [2017-12-17 10:52:03.653]
    Dear Mr. Meyer,

Thank you for contacting Nero Support.

Please uninstall all versions of C++ redistributables preferably the C++ redist 2010 and 2015 x86 versions.
    After uninstalling, download and install those versions again from the following websites:
    C++ 2010 x86 version:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...

C++ 2015 x86 version:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...

If the problem still persists, we require some additional information. Please send us the following file:

The Log archive NeroSupport.cab

Please click the following link in order to download the file ""GetSupportFiles.zip"" to your hard drive:

http://www.nero.com/link.php?topic_id...

Extract the zipped file on your hard drive using WinZip or WinRAR. Start the tool by double-clicking on the EXE-file.
    -> The window ""C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe"" will open.
    The execution of the tool may take some minutes.
    You can track the single steps in the displayed window.

After the tool has run successfully, you will find a file called ""NeroSupport.cab"" on your desktop.

Please send us this file as an email attachment.

Additionally, we would like to point out some particularities of the tool ""GetSupportFiles"":

The following information will be gathered:
    - All available log files of different Nero applications
    - System information gathered by the Windows tool ""MSInfo32""
    - Information on the installed DirectX version. For this, the Windows application ""DXDiag"" will be used.
    - The ""SchedLgU.txt"" log file. This file contains information on currently scheduled tasks (e.g. the JobScheduler in Nero BackItUp)
    - Extracts from the registry:
    a. Information on the settings with which Nero applications run.
    b. Information on how the CD/DVD drives have been installed.

Please note:
    In case the tool ""GetSupportFiles"" crashes, please start it again. The tool “GetSupportFiles” will automatically recognize which diagnostics program caused the crash. Once the tool is restarted, it will omit the program which has caused the crash.

Nero suggests that you check the file created by "GetSupportFiles" and remove private information that you don’t want to transfer to Nero. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Jasper
    Nero Support Team
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m Frustrated with no phone support
    Well anyone reading this problem with Nero Vision you can see it is very upsetting when so much needs to be done when a new program is released.

I did manage to get through all these steps above and have sent Nero the cabinet file they have requested.

I will post the outcome of what they find.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Any results?

I was helping someone else with a different problem and noticed in my printout of serial numbers, that the 1085 serial number is for Beta versions of v2018. It may not work with a download unless they also used that series of serial numbers with boxed versions.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m FRUSTRATED TO NO END!!!!
    Hello Wither:

Hope you had a nice holiday. I'm still working on this problem with no luck. I have loaded unloaded the program cleaned the register NERO VIDEO continues to crash.

This is what I have written to support when they told me Nero Vision is an old program.

I'm waiting for a reply to this.

End User [2017-12-24 16:28:17.463]
    Hello George:

You might be on to something regarding my problem with Nero Platinum 2018 and when I click onto the Nero Video tab crashes saying ...."Nero Video needs to close a serious thing has happened".

I had no idea Nero Video on 2018 Platinum is "NOT" the same program as Nero Vision. What my computer also does when nero Video crashes I get a separate screen that says Nero Vision has crashed that I believe is an acer computer prompt.

It seems something is crossed from my old program Nero 9 that I removed even though I cleaned my register by using REVO program uninstaller when this problem started with 2018 Platinum.

Is there something still on the computer from Nero 9 that is stopping Nero Video from opening and not crashing?

This is most strange. I would love to keep the 2018 program if we can get this problem fixed. If we can't have it fixed I will call Fry's. I don't know if they will take software back if not I need to turn to Nero for help regarding a refund.

Please help if we can't do anything further.

Thank you much .

Edmund Meyer
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Hope Santa was good to you.

To the best of my knowledge, Nero Video is nothing more than re-badged Nero Vision. It's like Nero MediaHome. It was called Nero MediaHub and then they changed it to Nero Kwik Media (I may getting it backwards) than they changed it to Nero MediaHome. Previously, Nero MediaHome was strictly streaming software and it's probably the base for what we have today as Nero MediaHome.

I still don't understand why the 1085 serial number works but it must be good since you were able to use it to contact them.

Since they have your .cab file, we'll just have to wait. It's tough this time of the year to get a response from them since, like most businesses, people take vacation for the holidays and they're typically shorthanded.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m FRUSTRATED TO NO END!!!!
    Nero Video still crashes on my 2018 Platinum edition.

Nero can't do anything to get this problem collected.

I have windows 8.1 and as of a few days ago still awaiting there latest excuse why it does not work from Nero.

I did a compatibility test for Nero video and it shows the program is "NOT"compatible with my computer.

All my drivers have been updated and still no results. Only Nero Vide is my problem

Has anyone else had this problem?????

Thank you to Wither who has tried to help me and others on this site with their problems.

Will update latter.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• You sent the contact form on 12/24. Haven't you heard back from them?

I don't know what you did to determine compatibility but v2018 is compatible with win 7 through win 10. I, like many thousands of other people, have it installed in Win 7.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• This is where I was able to run the compatibility for windows 8.1 by selecting Nero Video showing no compatibility.

Thousands may have it loaded on windows 7 but what about 8.1.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/program...
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• Well, the trouble shooter is wrong. However, you might try running it in compatibiltiy mode for Win 7. (I didn't go back through the thread to see if I suggested that earlier.)
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I’m VERY MAD!! BUYER BEWARE
    ATTENTION BUYERS!

Nero Video will not work on my windows 8.1 acer computer with Nero Platinum 2018.

It has been almost 2 months of trying...... "many many"..... things with no luck since the beginning.

I had enough regarding this issue. My Nero 9 was great with no problems using Nero Vision on 8.1.
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

• I asked a month ago if you got a response from tech support. Did you?
  • (some HTML allowed)
    Add Image
    I'm

e.g. sad, anxious, confused, frustrated kidding, amused, unsure, silly indifferent, undecided, unconcerned happy, confident, thankful, excited